dream backed up by scripture

Archives for 2008
saved0410316

dream backed up by scripture

Post by saved0410316 »

a couple of months ago i had a dream. in the first part of the dream i am standing in a field. on the edge of the field there are wolves. they do not notice me because they are looking in the direction to my left. behind me i see a shepherds staff, and the shepherd. the next part of my dream i am in a room and my pastor is there. as i am standing there he is setting up a bed (like a childs bed), like i am to be his guest. now there are two scriptures that back this dream up, but there are also a couple interpretations to this dream that make sense. the first one is a warning to me and the second one is prophetic to the work that i will be doing to further God's kingdom. any insight is greatly appreciated, as i cant seem to get help on this. i get passed from pastor to person or i cant get help at all. i am getting discouraged. now is there guidelines as to how dreams are interpreted? because i have had no one interpret to me but it was shown to me in scripture. can the dreamer interpret his own dreams? the two scriptures are (read them in this order) matthew 10:16 and matthew 10:11
Last edited by saved0410316 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eagle
Platinum Member

Post by eagle »

I don't have anything yet but yes there are times the Lord will quicken us with the interpretation of a dream. We don't always need someone to interpret for us, however sometimes a confirmation can help.

The thing about interps is that we don't always know how they are going to unfold. Joseph was promised that he would be a leader and that he would even lead over his family, but he did not know how that dream would unfold.

Peter was given an interp over his vision when he was in a trance which brought revelation.

So those are just a couple of examples that our dreams and visions can be interpreted through us. I say through us because it is not us who are really doing the interpreting but the Holy Spirit revealing it to us.
Many nations will come and say, "Come and let us go up
to the mountain of the LORD And to the house of the God of Jacob, That He may teach us about His ways And that we
may walk in His paths." Mic 4:2