Chris( estranged friend) and her toy store,

Archives for 2010
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

Chris( estranged friend) and her toy store,

Post by Jewels-inhisheart »

IN Real life,,, i had a disappointing Christmas and BIG LET DOWN... also the person in this dream was once a else Christian friend but wont talk to me and has l,long ago separated herself from me and my attempts at reconciliation have been thawrted,

Dream.
I'm in a what seems like a big house. Its seem old. I seem to be going around and turning lights out seem may be Christmas lights.

" Chris" the estranged friend) comes up to me to ask me why i have turned the lights off... i say something about saving electricity to maybe something about preventing a fire.

I -go to what seem ;like a ,little shop she owns... at the bottom are what seem like old little doll furniture,, small cut little cribs and play pins u would put a small dolls in ., Its like they are older made from many years ago and im entranced by them.

IN Real life Chris had a ice cream store opened in the summer for about two years but i was often scared top go in suits closed now but in the dream she had a shop[ that at least on the lower levels was selling these small cute toys.
Last edited by Jewels-inhisheart on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

One more BUMP,,, then into the bin. :|
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

I don't know Jewels, but I would always be concerned about a lights off dream, like a shut down or an estrangement of some sort has crept in.

Saving power, preventing a fire--being conservative or preventing trouble. Light in scripture is symbolic for truth and love.

Toys seem about childhood, in this case toys of antiquity.

entrancement--? but doesn't sound good.

I don't know what happened between you and your friend Chris, but it may be wise to look over that and bring it all to the Lord for His wisdom. Seems "she" is paying you a visit, noting the lights out.

Is this dream about Christmas itself or something more...?

Love and prayers,
Peggy O.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

I doubt this has really anything to do with Chris the person. I think shes a symbol.
I had a unhappy and lackluster christmas.A big let down. It was later rectified as the disappointment was born out of ignorance and "illness",.,.. AND JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS. butt the down was so real i almost deep down was about to give up on this greatly beloved celebration i have always loved( i have had three Christmases in a a Row that have not been real happy).. it was like a part of me was saying : im done! then i had the dream.
Two years 2007 AND 2008 THE LIGHTS DID GO OUT IN THE NATURAL ON Christmas eve,.
FOR SOME REASON I CANT EVEN REMEMBER LAST YEAR.

YES I THINK THIS HAS TO DO WITH CHRISTMAS AND SOMETHING OF MY CHILDHOOD.
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

Praying He gives u relevation...
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
MJ
Gold Member

Post by MJ »

I pondered on your dream, Jewels, and this verse came to mind:

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. I Cor. 13:11

I sensed this dream has more to do about transitions in life, primarily. Moving around in an old house and switching off lights---obviously they are not needed or necessary. Perhaps at this stage in your life you are making a conscience chose to move on from disappointment, lost relationships, old things that no longer hold any charm for you.

The letting go of these things may indicate your willingness to move forward into new things the Lord has for you. Putting an end to deadend things seems like a good thing to me. Perhaps it is necessary to shut off the unused lights so God can turn on new lights for you.

Just my thoughts---I do sympathize with you.

Blessings,

MJ
"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Galatians 1:3

MJ
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

Thank u MJ,,,some good points and something to really think of.

What i thought was that 'Chris" may be a symbol . of the ghost of Christmas past. Chris being a old friend that is no longer is accessible ( buy her own choice and is as easy in many ways to grasp as as a ghost ) and it of course being short for Christmas.

I think 'Chris' or the ghost of christmas past was or could have been telling me.. not to let the light of Christmas be tuned off///

The looking at the toys reminded me of the Christmases of my childhood. They were bitter sweet. I had presents and a tree,,, and some good memories but many were peppered by my dads drinking and turbulence with my mom and step dad, When i was with them i lived above a bar in apartment and recall decoration a tree by myself. When Christmas came around there seemed to be a lot of kill joy y that got in there.

I always loved Christmas and even after i married Ed dd int have much interest, I ended up decorating the tree by myself, a lot. I always wanted the fantasy and never really got it, This Christmas disappointment something snapped and i think the light of Christmas started to flicker out and a ' Ba humbug attitude was creeping in.,

Anyhow both interps may have value, Thank u MJ
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

This may not fit at all but when i read of a former friend and a toy store, i thought of "playing games."
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5