a hard question

Archives for 2011
peggyo
Diamond Member

a hard question

Post by peggyo »

A dream marriage to an ex-husband can be symbolic for "bondage to the world." I've had a number of ex dreams over the years, but struggle to really understand them in this context.

My question with a more recent dream is, could marriage itself be seen as a bondage to the world? Cause it seems so to me from what I have read in the new testament.

Brain teaser for the day!
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Hey PeggyO

Can you please elaborate more and the particular texts that led you to this question about marriage being seen as bondage to the world?
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi WarriorHeart:

Well, I'm not exactly sure how one sees an ex-husband as a bondage to the world, as it would seem a person is released from a commitment, or bond.

But if that is the case, then would not marriage in this world also be considered a bond or a bondage of sorts. Scripture says we are bound to our spouses until they die.

I realize I am asking a somewhat complicated question. But simply wonder if marriage would not be considered a bondage to the world also.

This may help some, as it is straight out of the TM resource:

Husband: Also see Marriage and Groom: The Lord Jesus; satan; actual person; to be honored; ex-husband could be bondage to the world. (Is. 54:5; Prov. 5:18, 19; 1 Cor. 14:34, 35; 1 Peter 3:7; Gen. 3:16; Jer. 3:20)

(Source: Tehillah Ministries)

For me, an ex- would indicate something that is past, possibly a past bond gone awry or was just plain amiss in the first place!
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Oh I think I understand you now, the text was saying seeing an exhusband could represent a bondage to the world. I agree with your interpretation of seeing an exhusband as relating to the past. In response to an ex representing "bondage to the world" I cor 7:32-35 came to mind; which talks about how the married woman pays attention to worldly things and pleasing her husband. So perhaps now that she is divorced or separated from that husband she's stuck in bondage to the world. The bond that was broken with that ex could have left open a door for worldly seeking or worldly attractions and the person is then "left in bondage to the world" rather than being in total devotion to the Lord and her husband which she had when she was in the covenant marriage. Also the verse about the husband being the head of the wife and the Lord being the head over him comes to mind. The bond is now broken (ex) and she has no covering (ex) so she's "in bondage to the world." Im hoping I make sense?? Difficult ques but a good one!
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

WH:

I cor 7:32-35 came to mind; which talks about how the married woman pays attention to worldly things and pleasing her husband.

This is exactly the verse I was thinking of. In this verse the married woman is paying attention to worldly things and pleasing her husband. That was my question, cause it seems to say she is in a bondage to worldly things. And an unmarried woman has freedom from that bond. Now the woman is covered by Christ, who is a purely spiritual covering, and she is free to serve God.

It is a complicated subject and one I need to look into further. Living rooms generally are a place in dreamland where something is being revealed to me, and I want to be sure to get it.

I am open to further insight!
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Peggyo

I think the scripture text notes that she is more concerned about the things of the world as a married woman because of her intentions to please her husband. However I don't believe it's saying that she's in bondage to the worldly things/matters. I agree the unmarried woman has formed no bond with anyone and is bound to Christ seeking to please Him. But the break in the married woman's covenant to the former husband could have left her in bondage with the world being that her covering is no longer there anymore. I guess v.11 would help too.