Painting a portrait

Archives for 2008
MeekandProsperous

Painting a portrait

Post by MeekandProsperous »

I don't remember all of this dream but I remember that there were about 3 or 4 scenes.

The scene that I can't stop thinking about is this. An ex boyfriend was upset with me because I bought a painting for his nephew who was an adult. I told the ex in the dream that I didn't understand why he was so upset because the painting only cost me $.25.

The next scene I was looking at a painting of a Lion laying down and right near him was a lamb. The Lion and the Lamb had a golden color to them in the painting. Then I was holding a brush and painting a baby sheep near the Lion that also had a golden tent. I was painting in the golden color on its face. When I finished I realized that the sheep was the same color as the Lion and the Lamb and I was pleased wiht the paining.

I was holding it back a little and looking at it and I felt such a peace. Then I woke up.
MeekandProsperous

Up please!
pilgrim
Platinum Member

Post by pilgrim »

You've answered your own interpretation in the title - you were painting yourself!
Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called the sons of God.
I am your Beloved and You are mine!
Moriah
Platinum Member

Post by Moriah »

I agree! I havent been following a lot of dreams lately but the Lion and the lamb also represent peace too. You painted yourself next to them. I just looked at your ant dream before I came here and I knew that you were looking at yourself in it and then I read this along with pilgrim interp. Hmm.......
All that is within me will praise the Lord!
MeekandProsperous

Thank you Pilgrim and Moriah,

Very interesting to me. I guess I didn't think this part of the dream was about me either. Probably because I was stuck on the fact that I don't have a bit of artistic ability. So I thought the fact that I was drawing it must means something since in the natural I don't know how.

Few thoughts rolling around my head though right now. Perhaps it's not actually painting a picture as illustrated in the dream, but painting a picture with words. Maybe.

This isn't Holy Spirit inspired just my brain going.

thanks again I will be asking the Lord about these two dreams.
pilgrim
Platinum Member

Post by pilgrim »

Golden is royal, and the baby sheep also becomes golden/royal.

You start to look like Him because we will be like Him. We are to be conformed to the image of His Son and when we ask Jesus to be our Lord and Saviour, we become sons of the living God. :shock:

He's working on you... (and me!)
Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called the sons of God.
I am your Beloved and You are mine!
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

I pulled this up to post and Pilgrim said basically what I was going to post.

I'm unsure about the first part of the dream where you buy the 25 cent painting unless the Lord is saying to let the small things of the past go because He is making you look more like Him with each brushstroke.

Neat dream!
Blessings,
Joy
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Well, I'm right back.

I just heard the word "talents".
Not sure about how this is applying in the dream Meek, perhaps you will. I can connect the talents as, the 25 cents, the paintings, one talent bought the other talent brought through you and making you look more like Jesus. You are the baby sheep in the painting. Praying the Lord will give you more insight.

Blessings,
Joy
MeekandProsperous

Yes this makes a lot of sense to me but I can't say more than that..

Thanks I have a direction of prayer now.

You all have been very helpful.

M&P