My daughter dreamed I was shot in the leg

Archives for 2008
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

My daughter dreamed I was shot in the leg

Post by dance-in-the-son »

My daughter had a dream a few nights ago.

Her biological father (not in her life much-irl) was at our house and my daughter Casey was outside behind the house talking to him. He went to his car and she went inside. He came inside the house and she saw something in his hand that he was hiding, it was a gun. Casey saw a gun nearby and gave it to my husband (her step dad). He shot me (her mother) in the leg. Then I yelled, "shoot him" and Casey yelled too. The end. Holy Spirit insights welcome... :wink:

Thanks,
Jesus Love Letters
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Bump,

My daughter is concerned about what this dream means, I explained to her that someone on the board said getting shot can mean negative or hurtful words people say and she wanted me to see if anyone has any other insights. Thanks

Jesus Love Letters
Dance...
talitha

Post by talitha »

JLL, could you write it from her point of view, as if she were writing it? this way it's hard to follow which "he" is which, etc. Also...... is Casey the one who had the dream? and how old is the daughter who had the dream?

blessings
tal
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Re-written dream

I am re-writing it so that it will make better sense. Casey is my 15 yr. old daughter. Here is a little background:Casey doesn't see her biological father (hardly at all (irl), he has not been a good father due to drug problems, etc./he is unsaved. Her step father and I (JLL) have raised her. This is her dream as she explains it.

My biological father was at our house and I was outside behind the house talking to him, do not remember what we said to eachother. Then he went to his car and I went inside. He came inside the house and I saw something in his hand that he was hiding, it was a gun. I saw a gun beside my step dad and the couch and gave it to him. Then my biological father shot my mom in the leg (JLL). Then I yelled, "shoot him" and mom yelled it too. The end.

*The dream I had about the christmas lights at daybreak had Casey's biological father in it (about the money). Wonder if they are related at all.
Thanks,
Jesus Love Letters
Dance...
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Bump,

I re-wrote it in her words so that you could understand it more clearly. Thank you.

JLL
Dance...
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

JLL,
Each time I've read this dream the word faith comes to me.

I'm going to give the interp a try but please discard if this doesn't witness to you and your daughter.

I see Casey and her biological dad communicating and then there is a separation. The biological dad comes back to the family and does something painful to JLL which hurts/hinders her faith or her walk, however even though this has happened JLL and Casey are still crying out to Father God to save the biological dad.
So if this is the case I think the Lord may be wanting the prayers increased for the biological dad and showing that the Father is in position and ready to save the dad. Dying to the flesh and being reborn to Jesus.

Bless you much,
Joy
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Amen, I think you hit the nail on the head, especially the prayer for salvation part. Casey has been praying for His salvation and it has been on her heart alot. I have prayed for him also, in hopes he will know the truth about this wonderful "Jesus" we serve, oh, what a mighty God we serve!!!

Thanks so much!

JLL and daughter Casey...she thanks you too :o
Dance...