Peeling Boiled Potatoes

Archives for 2008
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Peeling Boiled Potatoes

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

I was at a neighbor's house, unknown people were moving in. A vehicle drove into the home, down sloped driveway into a lower level. The home was being furnished. I was laying on my back with others resting. Then, an unknown woman asked me to help. I went into the kitchen, sat at a round table and was given boiled potatoes, to peel the skins off. She gave me a blade without the handle to peel the skin off the potatoes. I asked her for a knife with a blade. The unknown woman gave me a huge butcher knife. I proceeded to take the peel of the cooked potatoes with the butcher knife.
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
talitha

Post by talitha »

I eat potatoes with the peels on in almost every case - but if I remember correctly, don't the skins just slide right off when the potato is boiled?
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

I eat potatoes with the skin on almost in every case as well, even when preparing potato salad or mashed potatoes, because the skin contains many vitamins.

But, I remember when growing up and living with my parents, my mom would have me sitting at the table and peeling off the boiled potatoes for making potato salad. In that case, I used a butter knife, and had to help out the skin in being removed. They didn't just slide off. Wish it did.
talitha wrote:I eat potatoes with the peels on in almost every case - but if I remember correctly, don't the skins just slide right off when the potato is boiled?