O Boy! Another 'husband' dream

Archives for 2008
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

O Boy! Another 'husband' dream

Post by ArisenShine »

Last night I dreamed........

A tall black man (African Amer.) was pressing up against me, body to body, as if trying/wanting to be amorous w/me. He wanted me to allow him to 'go all the way'....and I simply said, oh, not unless we were married. In the dream I was rather submissive and agreed to marry, yet all the while noticing his lack of REAL expressions of love...like he just wanted the 'union' and if the only way to get it would be to marry, then he would, but it didn't seem his heart was in it as a man in love would act. I didn't see real love in his eyes, countenance, or behavior. Maybe just 'matter of fact' might be the right term?

So he said he'd marry me(just so he could sleep w/me)...the preacher was coming and my 'fiance' went away for a few minutes to supposedly 'prepare himself' or get ready, which I assumed meant he'd put on a fine tux and spiff himself up...to show honor at this 'special' occasion.

When my man came back acting like he'd dressed specially for this...he was in raggedy striped pajamas, lol. Incredibly sloppy, with large holes that almost showed body parts that should be covered....and he'd chosen this attire on purpose for the occasion/wedding. In the dream I thought it was perhaps an expression of how exactly he felt about our union/marriage...which was not respectful at all.

Nevertheless we were quickly wed, and in a bed somewhere, and soon 'it' was over (it wasn't graphic and there was no passion or emotion, but I knew we did 'it')as quick as a wink he was off somewhere doing his thing...whatever. No lingering, no holding, no sweet words...just got the deed done and he's 'off'... :shock:

Again, I took note that this was not the behavior of someone in love. That was all. End of dream...I just layed there pondering this strange 'husband' I'd let myself be married to.

(btw....IRL my hubby is not lacking in affection to me)

I think this is the 3rd recent dream about a lover/husband type.

:?:
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
talitha

Post by talitha »

Sis, I think it's another OC dream ;) - these seem to me to be very clearly from the Lord and very clearly meant to point out problems. I understand that this puts you in an odd position, and you are not quite sure what to do with this stuff, right? I am praying for you.

blessings
tal
Mona
Platinum Member

Post by Mona »

Hi ArisenShine:

I agree with Talitha, I believe the Lord is showing you the plot of many who say that they love Him. Basically, they only pretend to love for a brief moment in order to get the things the have been lusting. Ironically I have had similiar dreams in which people are pretending to love but there spirit does not show real love or interest.

I believe the Lord is showing His heart and that how hurtful it is when people approach HIM in this manner. Possibly you may have to face similiar occurrences in the near future and the Lord is giving you discernment to know how to deal with it and that is don't deal with it. Don't allow such individuals to decieve you as the fruit of the person will be visible and you will know in your spirit.

Love In Him
Mona
Psalm 96:1
Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth.
jewel

Post by jewel »

Hey sweetie--- I don't know what an OC dream is, so I don't know if I'm stating the obvious or not. Please excuse my ignorance if I am.

I believe that your dreaming about someone, not necessarily a husband but maybe a friend or even a distant companion of some sort could even be more than one person. This person is after your spiritual giftings, and they are willing to pretend or play the game in order to get what they want.

The example I'm seeing in my minds eye at the moment is one about some of the great known and respected prophets. Sometimes people rush up to have them lay hands on them, or impart great giftings to them.... they really want it and will scream, faint, whatever to convience everyone that they have it because of this prophet laying hands on them. Yet, they are not always really ready to receive this... maybe they did receive it and need to mature in order to use it or maybe they didn't receive it because their hearts desire wasn't in line with Gods. On occasion, these same people will pretend that they operate in such gifting for a time. These ones are the same ones that talk about how they were given this great gift much more often than others seem to notice it on them. Before long burn out sets in, and it becomes obvious to everyone that their heart isn't in the right place. Sometimes the gifting itself comes into question, causing defensive actions or other wonderful fun games we often see played out. In some ways this type of action is worshiping the gifting of the person rather than giving glory to the God that gives all gifts.

I just had the distinct feeling that you may be experiencing some of this right now, and your being given assurance that you've discerned the situation well. It is not unloving for you to back away, in order to ensure that those same people go to God for their giftings rather than looking to you. You must be one powerfully gifted gal for people to view you in this light... I'm sure it is difficult to know how to move in situations like this. I feel a great compassion in my heart for your heaviness and concern to do the right thing when right doesn't seem so clear at times.

If your spirit doesn't bear witness, then feel free to discard.

GBU!!
jewel
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

thank you all, Tal, Mona, jewel,
I really need to pray about this and wait on the Lord.
Though dreams may have a few different applications, one thing (closer to home)has just happened , that this, and some other recent dreams, may apply to. Prophetic, in the sense that they might be 'foretelling' (warning, and/or directional) to some extent.

As I said, I need to take this to the Lord.
I will definitely be thinking and praying about what's been offered here...and so appreciate it at this time.

Bless you
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....