Old Amish woman being 3 months pregnant

Archives for 2011
Dee

Old Amish woman being 3 months pregnant

Post by Dee »

Hello all,
I have not posted anything in a long time, but this dream has me intrigued:
I only remember a portion, but the dream is about an old Amish lady who tells me she is 3 months pregnant. I do not know this woman, all I remember is her starched white bonnet and her telling me she was expecting and she exposed her stomach and asked me to feel the baby bump. I distinctly felt the hard lump in her stomach and thought she must be more than 3 months along. I was very, very excited and happy about the baby and remember clapping my hands over and over, saying how thrilled I was. I was excited that I would be able to hold the baby and care for it after his or her birth. That is the end of the dream....

Any insights here would be appreciated

Blessings,
Dee :)
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Hi Dee
Peace be with you.
I'm praying about your dream.
Being pregnant may mean something in progress.Also it's like faith.We believe that we wil see what God promised,even if we don't see it yet.When the right time comes,we'll see.

Please toss these it these are not what the Lord tells you.
God bless you.
Dee

Post by Dee »

Thank you, ditte3 for your input. Being pregnant with something good and from God seems on target to me. I have been pondering this for several days, and it seems to me that the Amish woman represents holiness and purity. As for her being old seems to represent the older generation and the old ways again of purity and holiness, and I believe also self control. As for her being 3 months along, could this possibly be pointing to a time frame, possibly of when to expect this 'child'? Other thoughts here are most welcomed!

Blessings,
Dee
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Dee wrote: As for her being 3 months along, could this possibly be pointing to a time frame, possibly of when to expect this 'child'

Blessings,
Dee
Dear Dee :)
I was thinking of that too.That something may happen maybe about 6 months later,or the "child" will be "born" by then.

I'm praying about it.

I also had dreams where I dreamt about "old life style",maybe meaning simpleness and pureness.

God bless you.
yeshuas_beloved
Bronze Member

Post by yeshuas_beloved »

Hi Dee,

There is a lot of beautiful symbolism in your dream and it feels my heart with rejoicing. I agree with what the others have shared.

I know dreams can have layers of meaning, including personally and corporately. I was wondering if you have much contact with actual Amish people or if they live in your area. Perhaps there could be a promise here for the actual Amish.

In my experience, I have been friends with some Amish who have been touched by the Holy Spirit and are moving in many spiritual gifts for the past few years. Prophecy, healing, and revival are just some of the ways God is moving among them. Some are even beginning to travel throughout the world to bring a message of healing and reconciliation, as well as build a bridge with their Amish community who haven't tasted of God in a real and personal way.

Please share your thoughts and experiences. :)