My Old friends, hubby's ex-wife and drunkenness

Archives for 2008
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

My Old friends, hubby's ex-wife and drunkenness

Post by dance-in-the-son »

It is weird that I am having dreams all of a sudden, I never use to remember having dreams and now it is pretty often. I shouldn't be surprised because I welcome God to speak to me in dreams. This one is weird and I have no idea what it means, please add any insights if you have one. Thanks

I dreamed that I was on the phone and one of Casey's friends parent was calling to see if she could come home with them afterschool the following day. I told her I would let her know but never called her back so she was calling to check. For some reason I didn't feel good about it so I told her not this time. While I was on the phone there were other people talking on the phone, but they should have been on another line and weren't. I ended the call with that child's mom and my husband was talking to the others on the phone. They were some friends from a long time ago and also his ex-wife. They were drinking alcohol too and very obnoxious. They ended up coming to my house and couldn't hardly walk or talk straight. I was upset that my husband's ex-wife even called and now she was at my house. I kept asking him, why is she even over here and he couldn't answer me. He was just sitting there, almost as if he were hiding something...that is just how I felt. I was jealous and upset about this, I cannot remember anything else. Very weird...please help...
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Hi there!!
I don't have an interp. but would like to add some things that may help you unfold this....

Could the phone call be an "alert" type warning from the Lord...On the phone your daughter was being invited somewhere but you had a check in your spirit...

It also seems that the Lord was allowing you to "pick up" on another's communication...Could this be discernment??

The Ex could be symbolic of the Past...Something from the Past that wasn't good or threatened your marriage...either to your hubby or with your relationship with the Lord...

Alcohol could be symbolic of "Influence"....so this thing from the past could be trying to come back into or rear its head again and try to influence your hubby's walk..???

Could this dream be the Lord alerting you of something from the Past that may have caused problems trying to come back in again and influence your hubby or your authority in Christ?? Thinking the Lord may be saying to you that he has given you the discernment to know that something is wrong and also that you are hearing him correctly and he is alerting you to pray and break this...

Again, just some thoughts..If they don't help just pitch them..
Love you lots..
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Thank you, there is definately something going on with my husband inside and I cannot seem to fugure out what I am suppose to do. He makes it sound as if I am mostly the problem, I admit that I have issues too, but I think something else is going on inside his mind, etc. He has been dealing with depression and I do need to keep him in prayer as I do. I have been praying for the Lord to fill me with His Holy Spirit and I have the desire to pray in tongues, which will help in the praying according to God's will and the closer walk with God for me. I went to a prayer and worship service last night and a pastor prayed for me to receive the Holy Spirit baptism to speak in tongues and I feel something inside wanting to come out...there is a phrase that came out in private later, however, how do you know if it is truly a tongue? I shouldn't question these things, I try to rationalize too much, forgive me Lord. I really want to do God's will, there are just some uncertainties and my husband acts as if I am disobedient, but I cannot see the whole picture in that area, whether obedience is truly the issue or not...anyway, prayer is the answer to everything. I thank you for these insights, they are very helpful and make sense. You are a blessing, bless you!

Tiffany (Jesus Love Letters)
Last edited by dance-in-the-son on Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dance...
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Tiffany,
I understand. I will be in agreement with you. The Lord will move in this situation. It could be that the enemy is trying to influence your hubby but the Lord exposed it so we can pray.

About tongues...if you felt even one phrase come out then I would repeat it in prayer and seek God to grow you in this...He is faithful...
I know it can be uncomfortable to some when they first receive the gift of tongues/baptismal...because it seems foreign...but have faith and just step out and watch God!!

Love you,
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Thank you, God is faithful and He is definately at work, I am expecting great things.

Blessings,

Tiffany
Dance...