PURCHASING A RING FOR MY YOUNG DAUGHTER???

Archives for 2008
SZSME

PURCHASING A RING FOR MY YOUNG DAUGHTER???

Post by SZSME »

I HAVE AN 11 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER. I DREAMT THAT I WENT TO A JEWELRY STORE AND DECIDED TO LOOK AT SOME RINGS TO MAYBE BUY HER ONE. I ASKED THE LADY IF SHE COULD SHOW ME SOME FOR YOUNG GIRLS. THE FIRST ONE SHE SHOWED ME WAS ONE MADE OF GREEN JADE. AND I TOLD HER NO, THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR. THE NEXT ONE SHE SHOWED ME SEEMED TO BE MADE OF NATURAL MATERIALS LIKE WOOD, IT WAS LARGER AND IT HAD THE SHAPE OF A BIRD ON THE TOP. THAT SEEMED TO GROWN UP-I ALSO SAID NOW. I ASKED IF SHE DID NOT HAVE SOMETHING MORE LIKE FOR A YOUNGER GIRL. SHE PULLED OUT A SMALLER RING-MADE OF LIKE CRYSTAL. AND IT WAS THE ONE THAT I THOUGHT WOULD BE THE BEST FOR HER. WHAT COULD THIS BE SYMBOLIC FOR?
talitha

Post by talitha »

SZSME, I think this is about discerning the times/seasons in your daughter's life. At eleven years of age, she is not ready for all the things of womanhood, though she might think she is, and she may physically look as if she is ready for more than she really is ready for......

some specifics.....

in some oriental cultures, jade is symbolic of female sexuality; I am not sure where I learned that from (I did used to have some Japanese friends, so maybe that's where) - and if that is what's meant here, it's good you didn't choose that one! Makes me think of that scripture in Song of Solomon - "do not arouse or awaken love before it so desires"......

wood is often symbolic of flesh, the strength of the flesh - maybe this ring was symbolizing a fleshly tendency or desire to prematurely break free of the constraints of childhood?

crystal - crystals are judged according to their purity and lack of "inclusions" (things from the surrounding environment such as dirt and pieces of insects, etc?) - this rype of ring could be a reminder to your daughter that this is the same way in which she will be judged.....

Who can say, "I have kept my heart pure;
I am clean and without sin"?
....Even small children are known by their actions,
so is their conduct really pure and upright?
(see Proverbs 20, TNIV)

blessings
tal
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Hi there!!

Sometimes rings can represent "promise"...and I have heard of parents buying their daughters promise rings...and what it entails is that the child promises to keep herself pure till she is married...Its a reminder to her as she is growing and maturing and beginning to have feelings for boys...

I know that it could be symbolic but I was also wondering if the Lord may be showing you to begin to look for a promise ring for your daughter...

And in this dream He could be showing you what HE wants it to look like...not jade, not wood, but like crystal...In other words not a colored stone, and not something that is too expensive or mature for her...but something that would represent purity, crystal clear..

This was a thought that came to me as I read this ...Hope it helps..if not just discard.
lots of love,
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
gloryhis
Platinum Member

Post by gloryhis »

Hi, Praise Jesus,

I don't know what this is about literally, but I feel the daughter is representing you or more specifically , how others see you. Symbolically the ring, once on the finger would perhaps be a statement of sorts. I feel it is your daughter in the dream because of her innocence and so I feel the dream is about a certain innocence you want to protect within your own life. As a mother would protect her own daughter in real life.

You seemed to want a ring, which signified who you really were ( an innocent girl symbolically).....

The first ring was jaded. You refused this type of labeling .

The next one was made from man made thoughts and carved by some one else's ideals perhaps, the bird carving on top and all of that was man made, too big and not the picture of yourself. Again you refuse it.

Lastly the one which was smaller and I feel that has to do with humbleness and not about stature in any form, This one was more in line with who you are, it was a crystal and to me says you are transparent and not pretentious, but Crystal clear, pure motives and heart.

In Jesus love,
gloryhis
Jesus Is Lord!
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

For about a year, the Lord has been showing me 'heavenly' things through the symbolism of crystal.

I don't understand this, but there seems to be something about crystal in which Jesus likes to let His light shine from the inside of it. It's also very reflective.

Blessings,

kimibrew
SZSME

Post by SZSME »

THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS SITE AND FOR ITS MEMBERS THAT HAVE REPLIED, GOD BLESS THEM. I FEEL VERY BLESSED!