Smoking Mom!

Archives for 2008
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Smoking Mom!

Post by WaitingforHim »

In this dream my mom was at my house. I was arguing with her because she was smoking cigarettes. I was saying to her "I told you I don't want you smoking in my house mom!! I don't like my house stinking like that!! Please take it outside!! She seemed to just be rebellious toward me! Like she wasn't listening to me...she showed me no respect....

I also was saying to her "I can't believe your still smoking mom...You know your not supposed to be doing that anymore! Look at what its already caused!! Why would you do that!!"..

In the dream she had cancer..

(Irl, she died three yrs ago from this. And she did quit smoking though...so irl I didn't have to say that to her...But I did used to get sooo mad at her for smoking in my house before then!! lol...and she really did disrespect me ...lol..but I really think this is something else...")

WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Mona
Platinum Member

Post by Mona »

Hello and blessings to you!!

Prayerfully consider

Possibly this is suggesting that in a moment's time something that was common that your mother use to do found its way in your house. Meaning that this something has passed through your household and now found yourself acting in the same manner or even someone else acting in manner similar to your mother.

Possibly inhaling toxic elements of the air or breathing in the negative circumstances around you and acting in way that was common to your mother. You notice this and argue against but it seems a rebellion nature was at rule. You seen how this behavior has possibly hurt others as you have experienced first hand with your mother. Operating in Christ you know you can't hold on this behavior and it seems to be a battle.

Definitely when you ask someone not to do something as in don't smoke in my house and then they continue to try and do it anyway is certainly showing disrespect for your household. So possibly you were dealing with a situation in which you asked someone to obey a certain rule but instead of showing you respect they tried to continue doing the opposite of what you have asked. This a result which can end up in an arguement and strifefull situation.

Honestly, I find myself battling certain negative behaviors that I have learned from mother and I can honestly say that I sometimes see it occurring in me, but at times it doesn't seem I have any control over myself but keep overting back into my mother. I really need some deliverance in these areas. Your dreams reminds me of something I would dream and possibly the Lord is using your dream to bring it my attention as well. Your dream as been a blessing!!!

Love In Him
Mona

[/list]
Psalm 96:1
Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth.
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Hi Mona!
I agree sis that we can tend to do the things that our moms have done!! Boy does this make me self examine...I do see some things that she did that I do...they do need to change..one of which is my quick response to yell...lol...I tend to try to say things nicely but when my kids don't respond after being told a few dozen times,lol, I tend to yell...when I am done, I actually remember my mom doing this, and thinking "oh geeze...lol"...anyway, I would like to believe that this is the case...but somewhere inside me I am not at rest yet...though I won't ignore that this is also a problem. And I too need deliverance from that. Also my one child tends to be "rebellious" alot...I have been praying for her as she is only 10. And when she is good I praise her alot...I tell her how wonderful she is and how she makes me so proud of her when she is respectful of me. But more times than not she is bucking. I will take this to prayer for sure...I can't say that I really know yet..but I do know that in the past when I would dream about mom it was symbolic of the church I was attending..though I don't stick to symbolism because it can change.

If it were the church I could see where I would be sooo frusterated...because it seems that they are acting as though nothing is wrong with the way they are doing things...I am not there to judge but to pray and recently the Lord has moved me out all together...not from offense either...He is just taking me on a journey with Him...but I couldn't help but wonder if this was yet another intercession dream about the condition and rebellion that is in the house of the LOrd..

Much Love sis,
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.