Field of wheat and a lilly.

Archives for 2008
MeekandProsperous

Field of wheat and a lilly.

Post by MeekandProsperous »

This was an experience I had in December and although it seemed and felt extremely real I believe there's a message of symbollism here. Some of the symbols I think I know the meaning of but I'm having a hard time getting the entire picture. Thanks for your attention to this for any who will dive in with me. I thought I posted this before when I felt led to last night, but then I couldn't find it. If I did please excuse me I have quite a bit going on right now.

I'm assuming that this interpretation thing all works the same way regardless of a dream/vision/trance.

I had what I think was a vision but I'm not sure what to call it exactly. Could it be a trance? During this time I could not see my surroundings only what was in my eye gate (for lack of a better word). I was not aware of my surroundings in the natural for a time.

I saw myself running through a field and it was as if I was observing myself doing this not like I was actually doing it at first. From above I could see myself running in a field of very tall wheat. I was giggling and the wheat was swaying gently in the wind. As I ran I was chuckling with a girlish laughter and then I was looking at this from my point of view, meaning now I was running and seeing through my own eyes. I looked down and saw the wheat making a path for me as I ran through it, it bent away from each other creating a walk way; and I stretched out my arms and let my hand caress its stalks. As I was running I was saying Lord where are you because I felt his presence with me but could not see him. Then I visualized his face in the sky and there was a brilliant light around it I could only glance up at him. It was a vision within a vision perhaps? Still running through the field of wheat in the path I noticed a single lily and it was white as tall as the wheat. The wheat was a beautiful golden color that looked almost unreal. Note: I'm no expert and have never seen wheat in the natural but it looked pretty healthy to me.

Back to vision: As I looked ahead I realized that I was approaching a stone doorway that had about three steps attached to it. I walked up the steps and through the doorway realizing that it didn’t have a door. When I stepped over the threshold I stepped into a place of illumination. The light was almost blinding but captured everything in the space. I want to say room but it wasn't really- I can't explain the place I was in. In front of me was a very large filing cabinet. The cabinet looked like it was a well kept antique because the style was old but it didn't look used. As I took steps toward it the top drawer opened before me. It had my name on it, but I only saw my first name.

I asked what it was and was told to take a look. I reached inside the drawer to pull out a card that was probably about 3x5 inches. When I pulled it out the file drawer and had it in my hand it flew right into my mouth. Then I looked in my amazement and there was a stack of burning coals on the floor (can't really call it a floor though, but something had to be holding them there.) The Lord asked me what I wanted to do. I said oh Lord let it be unto me as you will.

Note: I knew that I had been praying and crying out for clean lips because I didn't ever want to lie or say anything that would not please God ever, but I couldn't choose. I really, really wanted those coals or at least one but how did I know what to choose. That's pretty much what went through my head. Granted in my prayer life I've been literally crying out for God to touch my lips with the coals, apply salve to my eyes and to unplug my ears that I may be more sensitive to His Spirit.

After I responded to the Lord a bunch of cards flew out of a file and went right into my mouth which was open to my amazement. This time I swallowed the cards and I don't remember tasting anything but as soon as I did an angel appeared. It was an angel of light I guess because it had no form that I could see. And it wasn't that big. It floated (for lack of a better word) into the room and grabbed one of the coals. It looked like a light carrying a burning coal floating toward me in mid air. The angel touched the coal to my lip and I could feel a sensation there. I asked the angel to please touch my lips again and after looking towards God it touched my lips again.

Then I was back in my body. It was sort of weird because it was like coming back into the room but I was sitting there the whole time. My body was beginning to shake down my lower legs and it slowly moved up my body. A minute earlier before this all took place I was freezing and then would have understood shaking, but right then I was burning up inside and out and I was shaking.

Also this seemed to be for a long time but it couldn't have been because my Pastor was still there talking like he was before I couldn't see him any longer.
MeekandProsperous

Up please! Could use a little help with this one.

I think the files maybe the word of God but I'm unsure. I also thinking the wheat and the lilly some how represent abundance.

I believe the doorway and the stairs are very significant but I can't seem to peace it all together. I know that it's all related but I don't think it's the obvious symbolism that could be gathered from this.

Thanks,

M&P
Thethinker

Post by Thethinker »

Isaiah 6
Isaiah Becomes a Prophet

1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a very high throne. His long robe filled the Temple.2 Heavenly creatures of fire stood above him. Each creature had six wings: It used two wings to cover its face, two wings to cover its feet, and two wings for flying.3 Each creature was calling to the others:
"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord All-Powerful.
His glory fills the whole earth."
4 Their calling caused the frame around the door to shake, as the Temple filled with smoke.
5 I said, "Oh, no! I will be destroyed. I am not pure, and I live among people who are not pure, but I have seen the King, the Lord All-Powerful."

6 One of the heavenly creatures used a pair of tongs to take a hot coal from the altar. Then he flew to me with the hot coal in his hand.7 The creature touched my mouth with the hot coal and said, "Look, your guilt is taken away, because this hot coal has touched your lips. Your sin is taken away."

8 Then I heard the Lord's voice, saying, "Whom can I send? Who will go for us?"

So I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

9 Then the Lord said, "Go and tell this to the people:
'You will listen and listen, but you will not understand.
You will look and look, but you will not learn.'
10 Make the minds of these people dumb.
Shut their ears. Cover their eyes.
Otherwise, they might really understand
what they see with their eyes
and hear with their ears.
They might really understand in their minds
and come back to me and be healed."

11 Then I asked, "Lord, how long should I do this?"

He answered,
"Until the cities are destroyed
and the people are gone,
until there are no people left in the houses,
until the land is destroyed and left empty.
12 The Lord will send the people far away,
and the land will be left empty.
13 One-tenth of the people will be left in the land,
but it will be destroyed again.
These people will be like an oak tree
whose stump is left when the tree is chopped down.
The people who remain will be like a stump that will sprout again."

I will pray for more interpretaion, your is definately a Biblical dream.
Thethinker

Post by Thethinker »

I just cant get away from that this was a true visit of Seraphim, as it was for Isaiah. I think you are anointed and will have strong prophetic visions and messages in the near future.

Seraphim: literally "the burning ones," are celestial beings who surround the throne of God. Each has six wings. Reverence for the divine majesty causes them to veil their faces with two wings; modesty, to veil their extremities in similar fashion; alacrity in God's service, to extend two wings in preparation for flight. Holy, holy, holy: God's perfect interior holiness whose exterior manifestation is his glory.
MeekandProsperous

TheThinker,

Thank you for responding to this dream. I was familiar with the scripture about Isaiah but it didn't even occur to me to go and read it.

As I did read your post something inside of me quickened and I am suddenly filled with emotion and awe.

God always confirms his words to me. Today I was reading a book on prayer and this is what it said.

John the Dwarf, master of the Arsenius whom we met yesterday, also knew this. The story is told of a wondrous thing that happened to John when he first took to the Egyptian desert in search of God. One day his abba, an old man of great holiness, took a dry stick of firewood, stuck it in the sand and commanded John to water it every day until it blossomed. The well which supplied JOhn and the abba was so far away that it took sever hour to go there and return. But John faithfully obeyed his master. Every evening he set out for the well with buckets; every morning he arrived back just in time to water the stick before the sun's blazing heat set in. For an entire year John followed this routine, but the stick remained dead. Another year; again no results. Then came the third year and the longed for miracle occurred: The twig sprouted leaves and bore fruit.

I am referrig to the scripture the last part of Isaiah 6 that you posted.
These people will be like an oak tree
whose stump is left when the tree is chopped down.
The people who remain will be like a stump that will sprout again."

Only God knows why he has me on the path I'm on right now but I receive this as a confirmation of the scriptural reference you gave. When I got to this part of the book yesterday I paused and meditated on those words regarding persevering. I'm still not sure what it all means but I am grateful to your obedience in posting this.

M&P