SHAMAR- Hebrew for Watchman

Archives for 2008
AnnA
Silver Member

SHAMAR- Hebrew for Watchman

Post by AnnA »

I was sitting on a couch across from Lester and Craig from my church. We were talking about the son of a woman who had recently died of cancer. I said to them "everyone had a hand in Shamar's survival". Shamar was climbing over the couch I was sitting on. They sat there nodding their heads as if unmoved or uneffected about the fact that we prayed for his mother while she carried him. Then one said "yes, I remember they were so excited when he was born". I said "everyone was in the emergency room that day. We all had a hand in this".

They looked over at him and asked "that's his name , Shamar?" I said yes . They nodded and said ok. Lester says we should get Diana too so we can pray for him. (Diana is my spiritual mother and was the leader of our prayer group IRL.) I said "no she would be upset". I knew she was in the next room talking to Gaysha. I knew we could pray for him ourselves . But we went to the next room to get Diana she was siting and reading a large book (it looked like a concordance), aloud to people in the room and Gaysha was standing by with a bible opened.

Diana looked annoyed. I said something to Gaysha like "they wanted to come to get her but I didn't think we needed to" Gaysha says to me "we'll you're the one walking in the spirit. You should have known better!"

Then I am standing across from Diana and Gaysha and Diana hands me a pair of beautful earrings . They were large gold wire hoops with beautfil brown stones. I leaned in to hug her to thank her and she gave me a weak hug back. Then Gaysha says "See now you have 4 pairs " . When she said that I remembered that Gaysha had given me silver ones like these in the dream.

End

IRL the little boy's (about 3 or 4yrs old) name is Shariff. When his mother was pregnant with him she came to our prayer meeting. The doctor's had diagnosed her with Cancer and told her to abort her chiild and remove her breast. While she was telling her story in my spirit I heard the word "Shamar". After the meeting I called and said I beleive the Lord wanted to name him Shamar but little did I know HE was actually referring to his vocation...

What could the earrings mean?

Your prayerful insight is appreciated.

Pronunciation
shä·mar' Strongs H8104

1) to keep, guard, observe, give heed
a) (Qal)
1) to keep, have charge of
2) to keep, guard, keep watch and ward, protect, save life
a) watch, watchman (participle)
3) to watch for, wait for
4) to watch, observe
5) to keep, retain, treasure up (in memory)
6) to keep (within bounds), restrain
7) to observe, celebrate, keep (sabbath or covenant or commands), perform (vow)
8. to keep, preserve, protect
9) to keep, reserve
Last edited by AnnA on Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my light and my salvation
sigmon2
Diamond Member

HI

Post by sigmon2 »

HI
Could I ask how come they did not name him Shamar?
Remember in the old testament that men/boys if they chose at the end of their slave service could chose to stay with the master they served by having an awl poke their ear and ear rings put in......only in the dream the ear rings were given to you. the dream seemed to have a lot of discontent in it from spiritual people. It also had in it people who were weak spiritually. Maybe your walking in the spirit and the hugging shows you are stronger now and more able to make choices use proper scripture references. The concordence and Bible together to me meant lots of study...but you seemed to still have compassion while the others were to involved or unsure.
well just thoughts....could very well be wrong.......
see ya
Scott
Waiting on the Lord in a Hurry
AnnA
Silver Member

Post by AnnA »

Blessings -

The only reason I could think of for not naming him Shamar is that she may not have told her husband because he was raised in the muslim faith. However he is very open and tender towards the gospel. He has at many times come to church with her and has even asked us over to pray for her. Even after our dear sister Shelley died in August he still calls and asks us over to spend time with him and the children. Praying for his salvation

I still don't understand the earrings though and why did I now have "4 pair"

Shalom
AnnA
Silver Member

Post by AnnA »

Still searching on this...

In the dream I say to the two men "we were all in the emergency room". I realize now that the Holy Spirit was calling our meeting place the "emergency room" . In a sense that is exactly what it was. The doctor's gave her a hopeless report but she came to the meeting place of the servants to the TRUE Physician! PRAISE HIM!

Whose report will YOU beleive??