After waking from darker dreams....

Archives for 2008
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

After waking from darker dreams....

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I tend to wake up in the mood of whatever dream I was having just prior and it has been a problem for some time. Like today I now feel pretty awful.... very low, depressed, based on the contents of the dream I just had as I woke up. This has happened other times so strongly that I was in a "bad mood" for hours and hours into the day, like into the afternoon (I am glad it is Saturday today).

I think this problem has gotten better than it used to be but it still concerns me. Is there a way to "get over it" quickly when I wake up from a sobering/disturbing dream? I always pray and ask God to help me but I still tend to feel dark for awhile.

Any advice would be appreciated. I feel so lousy right now.... all from my dreams from last night! But then, I never want to stop dreaming either of course....

Peace,

MW
talitha

Post by talitha »

I think that we need to remember that whenever a message comes from the Lord, there is always an opportunity to receive grace - whether the message comes in the form of a word given to us by a prophetic minister, a passage from the Bible, a dream, or some other way - even if the messsage is corrective. That element of grace keeps even heavy words from being too harsh - and when we really know that God's grace is there to enable and empower us, it's actually exciting!

bless you
tal