Camping out with Deacons

Archives for 2008
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Camping out with Deacons

Post by dance-in-the-son »

My husband had this dream last night, he normally doesn't remember dreaming due to back pain and lack of sleep. He took a half of a sleeping pill. He is a deacon at our church.

I went camping with some other deacons from church, one of my friends who wasn’t a deacon was with us (he doesn’t attend church). My friend who wasn’t a deacon left that night and didn’t come back (he is like that irl) While camping I cut the bottom of my right foot and it hurt badly, one of the deacons named Jerry sewed up my foot. Someone was saying that they probably wouldn’t be able to handle the pain like I did. (irl-I have back pain and someone has actually said this to me before)
Later that night I went to my campsite alone and they camped at another campsite that was a good distance away through a big block of woods. I was without a fire, tent or anything other than a pistol. I felt kind of secluded. Late that night I was cold, afraid and alone. I couldn’t get around good like them. I felt scared that there were wolves out there. I shined a flashlight in the woods and saw several sets of eyes but didn’t know what they were. I tried to get up to gather wood for a fire but couldn’t walk because of my injured foot. I began to bang two large pans (more like washtubs) together. I went back to where I would sleep and pulled a big bundle of thorn bushes (briars) over me. When it started to get light and the guys apparently came to check on me after hearing the noise. One of the guys wanted my pistol so I traded with him. I think all of the deacons had a pistol. We walked through the woods for awhile and got in small john boats, floating down a small stream. We came to an area that I was familiar with (irl) property behind my friend’s grandmother’s house (the friend who was with us the night before) It was an area that use to be all grown up with undergrowth but in the dream it was as if we were walking in a yard (grass) with medium size trees that had no low-lying limbs.
Scene changes: I was on a road in front of an old house (made of brown boards) and it was raining. I look up on the porch and there is an old black man talking to a middle aged white woman who was dressed nicely. I recognized this woman as my attorney (she is not my attorney irl) I immediately know to ignore her because I can’t be seen talking to her, but I don’t know why. I make eye contact with her as I walk by and go into the house.
Scene changes: I am inside the house but it appears to be a bar, a guy rides a three wheel motorcycle into the bar. There seems to be some kind of contest happening, it was odd looking back, at the time it didn’t seem so. I walked out of the room and ran into my attorney and I had a private conversation with her but do not remember what we talked about. As I walked through the house there were some old black men and women that I spoke to and I walked into a living room in the back with a large window where I could see the back yard (where we came up on the boats before). I sat down in that room and had polite conversation with an old black man and woman. I do not know what we talked about but I remember it made me feel good. Cannot remember any other details.The End.
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Hi there!!! Blessings in the name of the Lord!!

I only have some thoughts for you to prayerfully consider or that may help you guys out...

I thought the Lord may be showing your husband where he is now...in pain and that he is stronger than he thinks...that others that didn't have the strength of the Lord wouldn't be able to bear this load...But I am also thinking that the Lord may be warning Him that the enemy is seeking whom he may devour...That he is always looking for someone who is weak...hurt...hoping to find an open door to creep in...So I love the next part..

I felt the part of banging the tubs together was the Lord saying the only defense you need is PRAISE!! Make some noise...Sing and shout to the Lord...that is the only warfare you will need for this battle...Your worship and praise...Though you may feel that you are unarmed at times during this battle you have the best weapon!!! Your Praise unto HIM!! I also felt that the Lord also is giving you HIS LIGHT (flashlight) to get you through the dark hours in your life..The bushes of briars spoke to me of the Lord saying to you make sure you apply Eph. 6 to yourself daily...Putting on the whole armor of God...I believe the pistol may be the word of God!!

Thinking the place that he comes to where there used to be overgrowth could be showing him a clearing in the future...a place that the Lord is going to bring him that used to be familiar to him...a place where the grass is green and the path is clear...

Could your attorney be your Advocate...in Christ?? Thinking the next parts just show his interaction with his advocate in Christ Jesus...the enemy may not realize that HE still is communing or interacting with His advocate...but its those secret moments with the Lord that the battle plans are made and executed...

Thinking the Lord may also be arranging for him some encounters or divine appts. with people that will leave him feeling encouraged and fulfilled...???

Again these are what came to me..Please feel free to discard what doesn't fit..
Lots of Love
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

Amen, this brings encouragement to my heart...the praise thing really speaks...we are moving into a new realm, learning more about praise and worship. It seems that when he is down, he doesn't think about praise and worship (most of us don't) but like you said, that is our weapon and it lifts us up in encouragement. Thank you and I will have my husband read it to see if it bears witness in his spirit too.

Bless you in your comings and goings,

We have His favor, thank you Lord for your mighty favor in all we do and everywhere we go, in Jesus Name...AMEN!

JLL :lol:
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12