Meanings of objects

Archives for 2008
Blessings
Platinum Member

Meanings of objects

Post by Blessings »

Hi, I posted a dream some time ago but no one came up with any interpretation. That's ok. However, I wondered if anyone could tell me what a canal might mean. As well as a ship or boat. Would they differ any way from a road and a bus. I know a vehicle usually has something to do with a ministry. However, mine are very often ships on canals. And many times the canal is a little on the small side for the ship. There are often waterfalls too (I know real canals wouldn't have that) or some obstacles of one kind or another.

I don't live anywhere near a sea or a canal. I don't have any fascination with ships. So if anyone has an idea or can direct me towards some answers I would be very very happy.
Moriah
Platinum Member

Post by Moriah »

From encyclopedia: Canals are artificial channels for water. There are two main types of canals: irrigation canals, which are used for the delivery of water, and waterways, which are navigable transportation canals used for passage of goods and people, often connected to (and sometimes connecting) existing lakes, rivers, or oceans.

A waterfall is usually a geological formation resulting from water, often in the form of a stream, flowing over an erosion-resistant rock formation that forms a sudden break in elevation or nickpoint.

Some waterfalls form in mountain environments where the erosive water force is high and stream courses may be subject to sudden and catastrophic change. In such cases, the waterfall may not be the end product of many years of water action over a region, but rather the result of relatively sudden geological processes such as landslides, faults or volcanic action.

Waterfalls may also be artificial, and they are sometimes created as garden and landscape ornaments.

I just thought maybe looking at these might help apply it spiritually in some way. A ship is a type of ministry vessel- a large one. When I think of a ship, I think of a ministry that can transport items to places where we can't get to by land and connects continents. May God bless you with understanding. I tried to cut and paste the website but my computer kept jumping to another screen-sorry.
All that is within me will praise the Lord!