Stumped...'Mrs. Claus' dream

Archives for 2012
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Stumped...'Mrs. Claus' dream

Post by TexasTransplant »

I'm having some trouble with this one :) Two nights ago I dreamed of being told to change into different clothes in back to back dreams. First one I'm with a man I trust but never see who it is and we are rummaging through an old closet in a high rise building/condominium and he pulls out 2 old (like double knit from the 60s or 70s), but very nice men's sports coats, one blue and one green. I think I put on the blue one and he puts on the other one. I look in the mirror and think, "Wow! This looks great on me!". (Funny because it was men's clothes) Next, I'm in another dream shopping in a store looking for a Mrs. Claus costume because my husband told me that he was Santa and I absolutely must dress like his wife...costume and all. I'm really excited about this in the dream. I keep trying different tops in the dressing room but none are fitting right and I keep coming out naked to get another. Little kids notice and are laughing and pointing. I'm only slightly bothered. Scene changes again and I'm in a Holiday Inn hotel bathroom waiting for the maid to leave so I can use a stall to change clothes again. Dozens of little kids keep coming in the stall and I'm HIGHLY annoyed with that. They all see me naked again. HELP!! I get that the 'Santa/Mrs. Claus thing is in reference to Jesus and His bride...because he's the gift giver. Stumped with the men's coats and all the nudity :)
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Howdy,

Welcome to the board TexasTransplant.

In most dreams nakedness, when done in taste like this dream seems to show, usually represents openness or transparency of the individual. The two different old suit coats your trying on in the first dream to me represent a old view of mantles or giftings (blue revelation or prophecy and green healing). Just because the Lord has used certain men/women in these certain giftings in the past doesn't mean that is exactly what He has in store for you. It could be one of these giftings in a different manifestation, or it could be something totally different. The Bible in 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 says that there are varieties of gifts and varieties of ministries and varieties of effects/activities, but in the end they are distributed individually as He wills. In 1 Cor 12:31 and again in 1 Cor 14:1 we are told to earnestly desire the greater gifts. The second dream to me also speaks of gifts as well. Your husband (the Lord) asks you to dress like Him. We as Christians are to clothe ourselves with Christ, aka we are to put on Him (ref Galatians 3:27, 2 Cor 5:1-5) The holiday inn hotel bathroom and waiting in the last part of the dream to me represents a temporary place and a time of transition where you need to be waiting on the Lord for these gifts to be bestowed. Luke 24:49 "And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.” This was later fulfilled in the book of Acts 2 with the coming of Pentecost and being filled with the Holy Spirit. I feel this is the same message to you right now, wait on Him to be clothed with power from on high. Seek Him, and when He fills you He will bestow upon you His Gifts for you to use for His glory. I hope this helps.

in Christ,
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

Thanks so much for this! Amazing interpretation...thank you. Interesting that you said 'mantle' because I felt led to look into the Elijah/Elisha story when I woke up. I'd never really read it before. It speaks of mantles and I had never heard that term. Not that I remember anyway. Became a hardcore Christian about 4 years ago :) God moved us here from Alabama last year and I'm currently serving as a counselor in a crisis pregnancy pro-life clinic. God gave me a VERY vivid 'calling' dream my first year walking with him that sort of had to do with what I'm doing now, but not totally. Point being, I think you're dead on with this interpretation. Very much in a transition season here! And waiting!! hahaha! Bless you :)
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16