Flip flops

Archives for 2012
Ruth
Diamond Member

Flip flops

Post by Ruth »

I saw a friend in a dream and noticed she had on flip flops??
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Was there more to the dream?
The first thought that came to mind is sandals of peace, as flip-flops are a form of sandals. I aslo wanted to add that in the military flip-flops are known as "shower shoes" because when you use an open shower or share a shower with others, flip flops are used to protect the feet from fungus and helps in keeping others body grime off your feet. So once again it goes back to a form of protection in her walk. Nevertheles, the context of dream needs to be taken into consideration.
Just some ideas that I toss out to you. Be blessed!!!
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

maybe the person is wavering (or on the fence)

in regards to a decision, i.e. she is flip flopping in her decision

hope that makes sense
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

In addition to Newbie's and Reborn's great offerings, for me (because of where I come from) flip flops are common, comfortable and almost cultural in a sense so there are times I have those dreams and know that it is referring to my cultural background.

I do recall once I dreamt of wearing them and I was slipping almost lost my footing so I knew it wasn't a good thing--they don't have lots of "grip" so they are not the kind of shoes you would want to be found wearing in certain situations. **We also call it slippers and in the dream I was slipping**

Among other things, our shoes can speak of our preparedness or lack thereof, roles to fill, and it may also be symbolic of protection for our walk. Hope something there helps:)
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.