Copperhead SPEAKS (two dreams)

Archives for 2012
spoken4
Gold Member

Copperhead SPEAKS (two dreams)

Post by spoken4 »

Two
Dreams 1/14/2012
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!
I have had many with copperhead snakes but these are two that are recent and have some major similarities.

Christopher (my oldest son) was running laps around this house, (like it was a Track) I was in the backyard area. Off to the left, in a field, there is a football game going on. I wondered why Christopher was running laps instead of playing football. (He loves football and though athletic, not particularly on running for sport) Then in next scene, Christopher was out back with me wearing jeans instead of the track pants he had on before. He started to play around with me, kind of running in place. He was joking but like he wanted me to see how he can run?? I said, "Weren't you Just running already?? We are then at the walkway that led to the backdoor. There were two entrances, two doors, side by side, with dual walkways. Trees lined the outside of the walkways on either side. The one to the right had a cement stoop area, in front of the door. In front of the other door, there was a stoop area but made of grass. (kind of looked like it was wet grass??) On either side of the 2 doors, there were branches hanging down over the walkway in front of the doors. Christopher was playing around, as if to say, "I bet I can beat you inside." ( wanting me to race him in?) He was standing on the side with the grass stoop area, while I was on the side with concrete stoop. He playfully acted like he was about to beat me in and went in and closed the door. I heard, " there is a copperhead!" I froze not sure whether I should try to go in because I wasn't sure if I was hearing right. I thought is there really a copperhead between me and the door? I thought maybe I could run and get in quick, just in case. I was standing on the side with the concrete. I thought maybe if I went in on the side where the grass was maybe it would be safer but I was not sure. I thought if there is one it could come from the branches or the ground making it worse that I did not know where the snake was coming from to avoid it. (the beanches above or ground at feet) I tried to make a run for it. Thinking maybe there really wasn't even a copperhead at all and me being afraid was all for nothing. My hair touched the branches that were hanging down. The copperhead was in the branches and got in my hair. It had come out of the branches. I leaned forward with my hair dangling down in front of me, so I could try and shake it loose before it could bite me or touch my face. It slid out onto the ground. When it hit the ground it changed shape...it was not long and round, but now it was only about 2 inches long and wider than a snake. It looked more the shape of an insect now than a snake?? Kind of rectangular or square versus the rounded appearance of a snake? but still had markings of a copperhead. I am dancing around trying to make sure that the copperhead does not bite me, I see a wasp or a bee right where I almost put my foot down. Since I did not see the copperhead right around my feet, the bee or wasp and avoiding it seemed more pressing than the copperhead especially since it changed shape and seemed less threatening and I did not clearly see it close enough to hurt me?? Woke with the knowledge that the copperhead bite could be deadly versus the sting of a bee, painful, but temporary.

Dream 11/29/11
This was not my house/ yard in the natural but I think it may have been in the dream?

There was a Huge Copperhead snake. I knew that this was not the first time I had seen this one in the yard (like in the dream I was remembering dealing with this one in the past) but had no one to kill it then and it got away and went back into hiding? Now it was back and was too big for me to kill by myself. But I knew it was dangerous and I needed my husband or someone strong to kill it. I was trying to protect my kids from it. Someone I don't know was there. The copperhead was lying there up against the edge of the front of the house. I knew its intention was to make it to and then in through front door. This person (woman I did not know) put this huge blow up animal toy in from of it on the ground. (It was huge bigger than a person?) It had these huge googly eyes? They said as long as it was placed directly in front of the snake it would somehow blind the snake.( Like it would mesmerize it and as long as it remained in front of it, the snake would be blind to anything else but it. The said it would be safe even to walk around close to it then and you would almost be invisible to it so it would not be dangerous then? I did not believe it and was still scared. I knew if this person was wrong and this blow up thing moved even an inch the snake would not be distracted anymore and would head for the door. Thats exactly what happened and the snake got around it and into the house. The first bedroom in this hallway was christophers.

I knew we had to call the police and get rescue workers there who were trained to kill it. I saw someone had closed christophers door and barricaded it to keep the snake contained until the workers could get there. So we would know it had not gotten loose and and went into hiding in any other part of the house.

I was then walking from back of the house up the hallway towards christophers room because I knew the workers had arrived. A small kid was motioning and pointing at christophers still closed door. He whispered, "The snake is in there." I think he was thought the workers were in there with the snake dealing with it? I was concerned that he was so close to the door where the snake was. As I pass the doorway to christophers room and entered into the foyer/ front living room area, I see the head of the snake. It was not in Christophers room still like the small kid had said, but the workers had it in the foyer. They were working from the tail, trying to roll it up and stuff it into this huge bag type thing. No workers were even near the head so that left its head exposed!! The small kid and a bunch of other kids were walking around right next to it. The snake was huge now but had taken on a shape that did not even look real? The face looked friendly, or harmless, more like a huge stuffed animal instead of a dangerous snake??
The snake began to speak out loud. It was crying and whimpering. It said, "they are hurting me...they are hurting me.... over and over, In this whiny pitiful voice!!
The kids felt sorry for it and were petting its head, consoling it....they were saying, "its okay." Its tongue was going in and out the whole time and I was scared because I knew the poison was right there no matter how innocent it looked. I knew it could kill those kids, at any time if it chose to strike at them and they were two close to get away in time. I remained a safe distance away from it, It looked directly at me then and was again crying, "They are hurting me!!!" (meaning the workers who were stuffing the bottom portion
into the bag.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Spoken4, I feel that both dreams are tied and has the same message. Overall, I feel it is a spiritual warfare dream and the Lord is showing you the tactics of the enemy. Both instances the snake make it self appears to be harmless when in fact it is deadly. It is attempting to fool you and want you to let down your guard so it can strike when you let down your guard.
Matthew 7:15-20 (Aramaic Bible):
15 Beware of false Prophets who come to you in lambs' clothing, but from within they are plundering wolves. 16But by their fruit you will know them. Do they gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles? 17So every good tree produces good fruit, but a bad tree produces bad fruit. 18A good tree is not able to produce bad fruit, neither a bad tree to produce good fruit. 19Every tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and falls into the fire. 20Therefore by their fruit you will know them.
spoken4
Gold Member

Post by spoken4 »

I agree Newbie!!

I am praying for more insight into what the copperhead is symbolic of?? The fact that it spoke in a human voice trying to gain sympathy? Also, the workers were dealing with it from the tail end which seemed to be leaving the most dangerous part exposed? Were they dealing with the "Tales" or lies, that were empowering it?? Instead of going to the root first and destroying in on that level first??? It seems a little backwards to do that but then again I was not the one trained to deal with this snake?

The two doors? The fact it was hiding in the trees above and not hiding on the ground?? (foundational level?)

The blow up animal with googly eyes that was supposed to mesmerize the snake and make it safe to walk around close to it?
Is this using some hot air...gimics and such?? Mans tools, and wisdom which is earthly and demonic??? Meant to make this snake safe to be around? Reminds me of a snake charmer? Instead of one equipped to destroy it versus tolerate by simply pacifying it??

Thanks for any further insight!!
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Spoken4, what does snake symbolize to you? When I get dreams of snakes, they symbolize my enemy in a battle I am currently fighting. I am not sure if you are aware but snakes can reside in trees as well, so it would not be unusual to have a snake in a tree. I will tell you that a tree can symbolize a person and the branches of this tree speaks as this snake branching from them in some regards. Hair speaks of cover and glory and it looks like the snake is attempting to slither in this area of your life. The snake charmer aspect brings to mind the anti-Christ and false prophet from the book of revelation. What I see is a scenario IRL in which the snake charmer/false prophet is using signs and wonders in the "taming" of this snake/anti-Christ. You are or will be made aware of this when it comes to pass. The children in the dream speaks to me as fellow believers who fall for this trick: Matthew 24:24, For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
imavessel
Diamond Member

Post by imavessel »

My thoughts are taken back to the first dream mentioned first . . .

You see Christopher but he is running, like he's on a track . . .

Could be showing you that he is off his normal (the football) but now on a different track.

You come to two doors with two different entrances. The one you were standing on was concrete, being more like solid foundation . . .

but the one he is standing on, looked like wet grass . . . which, irl can be v e r y slippery.

The "snake" appears . . . and, in essence, the snake's goal seems to be to make it "into your house".

You--- you are unsure which route to take to avoid this "problem" but you both sense and know . . . that it is dangerous.

Christopher, on the other hand, in and out of this-- appears to be kinda taunting you, joking around, etc.------like at least anything up to that point (or possibly after) isn't very serious . . .

Second dream or part-

There is still a highlight on Christopher's "room" . . . which makes me think this is showing you/warning you perhaps of something concerning your son. & With the enemy trying tactics, concerning him, to take up in "your house".

You see the urgency and danger, and you yourself call the police. & "Rescue workers" have to come also.

And though this particular "snake" was whimpering and crying- you knew that the danger was actually still there------- and you were trying to protect your kids . . . and had knowledge that it could strike out and hurt any of the kids that were there.

& In it, though it seemed to get subdued, . . . the "head" was not taken out first. BUT, on a good note, it was fully "exposed" and though it talked a good game, you still knew the true danger.

I believe that maybe someone or something will or has enticed your son to be involved or try something that would be very negative, even possibly eventually involving police or "rescue workers" emts? Whoever or whatever it is, it is looking to get around any obstacle . . .
that would allow it to get "into your house".

It was as if he was running. Not doing his "normal". He was on another entrance than you and taking another door . . .

God may be showing you this so that you can be on the look out for anything that seems to be "off" so all this can be avoided. Ot so that no harm will come to him---or anyone else.

& So, of course, you can pray and intercede.

You HAVE the discenrment needed to STOP this snake in its track! Cause though you needed "assistance", . . . you were able to rightly discern the danger and you no longer were looking with just natural eyes but will be able to "see past" what the surface is saying . . .

As always, only keep what Holy Spirit says YES! to. Discard the rest. Let us all know how to pray for the situation, if you feel there is one.
God bless-
God isn't looking for perfect vessels, simply willing ones . . . :)
imavessel
Diamond Member

Post by imavessel »

The copper head isn't nearly as plain to me. I thought of three things--

a copper-headed person (maybe auburn or red hair)

copper pipe . . . which is something in many parts of the country are being stolen out of abandoned houses and buildings to be sold for money . . .

& copper pipe----possibly affiliated with drug usage.

????????????????????????
imavessel
Diamond Member

Post by imavessel »

Does your son (and I don't even know how old he is) have a "copper-headed" friend?
spoken4
Gold Member

Post by spoken4 »

Thank you both so much!

To answer a few of the questions...

Newbie, I did know that snakes can dwell in trees. I only mentioned that being significant because in the dream it stood out that I knew it could be in either place but was not sure which. I was given the answer when it came out of the tree.

If I look at other dreams that have also had the copperhead element in them over the last year. They have been pointing to generational things. I am praying through whether or not the fact that it was in the tree...is indicative of something related to my family tree....

That God has been faithful to warn me was still lurking about.....
It has in the natural seemed to on a much smaller scale.... affect my covering. (Husbands are to be a covering for their wives) Once I saw that the same patterns were attempting to repeat... I was very quick to take authority over it, although I know that It has not been destroyed at the root yet and still has the ability to produce fruit and do great damage it left unchecked. In the natural, I have been working towards getting to the root of the generational issues that have affected the men in my family. Its been a process and one I have felt I needed more wisdom concerning and am still working through. I feel that the warning in these is probably that many things have come my way to take my focus off of what He has exposed in the past is still present. Because it has went into hiding for the time being and I had not been able to see it clearly evident as I have before it makes it easy to get more comfortable and focus only on what I can see leaving me vulnerable (as Newbie said) to being caught off guard.

Imavessel.....

Much of what you said was along the lines with what I was thinking although you did say some things that sparked somethings for me!!

My son, is 15. Drugs, are not an issue with him. THANK YOU JESUS!! He cannot even take a pill when he is sick...lol! We have tried everything and he cannot swallow one. Since the drugs that are popular at his school are in this form...I guess that may be a blessing! Although it does not feel like it when he gets sick and its so much harder to find liquid medicines in the right dosages to even break his fever...lol! He weighs more than I do and is way taller than I am. (I could not take a pill either until I was an adult and learned to gag myself to force it to go down...lol! He is very anti drug and is very honest with me about every friend and what drugs alot of them are into. We have had many talks about this and he is all about a football scholarship and doing nothing to mess that up.

Now girls, thats a whole different ball game...lol! He is very handsome and has no shortage of girls after him....mainly older girls too!! I am one praying momma and keep tight reins on him in this area...lolol! This is an area he could go the wrong direction if given the opportunity to. Lots of prayer concerning this!!
No, copperheaded girls come to mind but I will keep my eye out for that!!

I wondered also if the track...being cyclic in nature....could represent running in circles.... repeating the same cycles contrary to what he loves and was destined for??? Or just the starting point that would lead to entering in on a slippery slope.....a dangerous path being walked and him not even being aware of the danger? His thinking all is well and its just fun and games??
It just hit me that while this generational issue had affected the men in our family....While the woman were more solid in their faith. (a firmer foundation?) God was faithful to reveal and expose these things although the women prior to me did not always confront and address what they knew was present in these men which enabled them to continue on the same path instead of ever being brought to a place of true repentance. This could be making a conscious choice to enter into the same thing which it rooted in the earthly, sensual, and demonic versus the firm foundation...

I have in the past sought out some help from those skilled in generational cleansing and deliverance. Perhaps, its some of the methods used during that....that did not do what it claimed to do at all!! Perhaps, what it claimed to do and the methods used promised
safety from this but it was not rightly applied and was actually a form of spiritual witchcraft that would by no means keep me from dealing with it in the future....

It seems many generational ministers/ deliverance workers automatically begin with finding any lies we have believed that may be empowering it when in fact the root of the fruit is generational.

Thank you both so much! I have much to pray through.... But thanking God for clear answers on these!!

Many blessings to you all!!
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Post by Realisticdreamz »

Hi Spoken4,

I see you have some great and helpful responses but just wanted to add somethings also in hopes to help and confirm some of what is already written [please pardon me for any repetition].

Your son and the copperhead snake does seem to be common symbols in both dreams. Also, a common theme is "the snake is not what it appears to be."

Running can also be symbolized as "striving" for salvation or striving for something, running the good race [fighting the good fight].

2 Timothy 4:7 - I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Hebrews 12:1 - [ The Race of Faith ] Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us

Snakes can be symbolic for problems, situations, people and sin. I think you are probably right in that it may represent lies and perhaps dealing with from the tail end might represent attacking the lies, "tale" to dispose of it could represent lies. The whining snake reminds me of sympathy and pity gained through deceit and the saying, sometimes the truth can hurt.

The Bible refers to tails as lies, that sting.

Isaiah 9:15 - The elder and honorable, he is the head; The prophet who teaches lies, he is the tail.

Revelation 9:19 - For their power is in their mouth and in their tails; for their tails are like serpents, having heads; and with them they do harm.

I agree with you that the blown up woman with big eyes is probably an "artificial" person and could even one who claims to be a prophet, an exaggerated [blown up] prophet or "seer" [big eyes] Alternatively, she could be one whom is given high adoration... even romantically. To get into the home [heart] and become a problem to be dealt with.

The snake did come to Eve from the tree to present lies to deceive.

Luke 10:19 - Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

God is soo good! He prepares us so that we are not blindsided when something comes! You have nothing to fear; but get have your armor ready. Don't you feel so loved by Him!?! :)

I hope this helps as well, even on top of many other helpful responses, just toss what does not witness. God bless you and your family and reveal to you the meaning behind the dream so that you see the snake for what it is and give you great wisdom and strength to deal with it. Will be praying also. :D
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?