Smoke screen? Thieves

Archives for 2008
connie
Diamond Member

Smoke screen? Thieves

Post by connie »

Priase the Lord,

Seeking the Lord over this dream.. Any thoughts or Holy Spirit led insights would be appreciated. I have some thoughts but looking for confirmation. The dream:

There was a ruckus of some sort that drew me to open my apartment door. I think a terrible smell was coming from down the hall into my place, perhaps smoke from a fire? I opened the door and looked into the short hallway (looked different from IRL). I saw the exit door at the end of the hall closing and one of the apartment doors also quickly slammed closed. Whoever was responsible for the ruckus ran away.

The hallway was shorter than IRL. The apt. doors were brown with routered designs on them (IRL-white) and the hallway arcitecture looked older/different from IRL. There were roughly 7 or 8 doors including mine in that wing IRL there are more than double that.

In my peripheral vision, I see My baby girl scoot (crawled) quickly past me into the livingroom. I didn't see her features just her pastel pink dress scooting past me. The dress was gauzy, light layers that reminded me of a ballerina's dress, frothy, frilly & dainty. I wedged a piece of flat cardboard or cardstock underneath the door to hold it open, perhaps to air out the apartment. Then, I remembered I left something unattended in the back of the apt and quickly went to attend to it. (edit note: I had been ironing clothes & left the iron on) While there, I got caught up in whatever I was attending to and more time passed than I intended. With a jolt, I remembered the opened door and the baby.

I ran back to the livingroom and baby was fine. Then my eyes scanned the rooms to see if anything was missing. Everything appeared to be okay. I heard a door closing somewhere down the building hallway about the same time I noticed the TV missing. I ran out the door, closing it behind me, thinking it's probably too late to stop the thief. They would likely be long gone. I got to the first stairwell landing & it was full of furniture, mostly mine. I was shocked to see how much was stolen/removed.

There were 2 entertainment units with TVs on top and other components in the shelving spaces- VCR's, Video Game Units, Movies etc and some other furniture odds and ends, a footstool, an ottoman. The *smaller unit didn't have much beyond an older model TV & VCR. The *second unit was at least 6 feet high, way over my head and laden with components and a new flat screen TV on top. The building manager was standing on the landing and I told him the items were stolen from me.

There were some people coming up the stairs with moving boxes.. I considered asking someone to help me move my things back upstairs but didn't.. I don't know if I knew they wouldn't help me, a stranger, or what? I had to get my items out of the way and I was eyeballing everything, estimating how much I could carry at one time. I could lift most everything except the big Unit which I could empty & partially disassemble but how could I reach the TV on top? The manager wanted the passage way cleared out quickly.

Just when I thought I had a solution, I glanced down and noticed I was pregnant- looked like 5 or 6 months along? I knew I couldn't push my body to it's limits as I normally would. I also felt or knew I had no one to call/phone to help me. I thought I can move some of the smaller things first, piece by piece and go from there if the manager would give me a little more time. I also had to get all this done quickly in case the thieves came back after the manager & other people left. I woke up to the phone ringing.

*IRL had this smaller unit when my son was a baby. 18 years ago.
*IRL had this larger unit when son was about 6, dd was also born. The IRL unit wasn't that tall though & no flatscreen TV lol.

Open to hearing your thoughts on what the stolen items represent or the dream as a whole is saying. By the way, my children and I all had individual days of averted potential harm yesterday. Praising the Lord for His protection! I wondered if the days events were the dream but .. :?: There seems to be more in the dream..

In His Love, connie
sheep
Silver Member

Post by sheep »

Hi Connie,

I believe this dream is about how the Lord has given you discernment in the past about some things in your life that needed to be removed. You openned the door to have the things removed and have had things in your life ironed out by the Lord. But now it is like you pressured to bring those things back in your life and now they look more inticing. Bigger entertainment center and a new flat screen. The tv's and entertainment systems I beleive to mean taking in worldly information. You being pregnant and trying to move heavy furniture is not a good idea but you feel push to do it. You may be risking what God is birthing in your life. Having no one to call to help you, I believe speaks of not having people close to you to pray and encourage you to keep running the race.

Disregard if it doesn't witness.

God Bless you!
sheep
John 10:27 - My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
connie
Diamond Member

Post by connie »

sheep wrote:Hi Connie,

I believe this dream is about how the Lord has given you discernment in the past about some things in your life that needed to be removed. You openned the door to have the things removed and have had things in your life ironed out by the Lord. But now it is like you pressured to bring those things back in your life and now they look more inticing. Bigger entertainment center and a new flat screen. The tv's and entertainment systems I beleive to mean taking in worldly information. You being pregnant and trying to move heavy furniture is not a good idea but you feel push to do it. You may be risking what God is birthing in your life. Having no one to call to help you, I believe speaks of not having people close to you to pray and encourage you to keep running the race.

Disregard if it doesn't witness.

God Bless you!
sheep
Sheep, thank you for seeking the Lord on my behalf. I do appreciate you and the precious time you've spent over this dream.

It's true I am being pressured to do something that the Lord has not yet led me to do however, the Lord's grace has been with me throughout and He's taught me it's better to risk offending man than it is to disobey Him. :wink: There is another issue linked to this situation I've been in over which I have felt I could not ask for help without compromising the characters of others involved.. and so I have been between a rock and a hard place. However, I trust in the Lord's ability to work out everything for my good and His glory.

Worldly information or wisdom is not an enticement for me but your insight helped me to sort out what spirit was behind the information/ advice that was being pushed on me. Thank you! My peace has been restored.

I will continue to stand still and wait on the Lord.

Bless you Sheep in Jesus Name,

connie
sheep
Silver Member

Post by sheep »

Hi Connie,
I'm glad your peace has been restored!

I'm standing in agreement with you that the situation your in will come to a quick resolution in Jesus name.

Blessings!
sheep
John 10:27 - My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.