"end of your faith"

Archives for 2013
Four Years
Diamond Member

"end of your faith"

Post by Four Years »

does this sound encouraging or discouraging?

"and surely you will learn to master your sin even to the end of your faith"

it doesn't say whether or not i'll ever be blessed but it does express an amount of time it'd take me to "straighten up" which given the amount of time it says...implies that i'll miss literally every blessing i was supposed to have
songmiracle
Silver Member

Post by songmiracle »

At first it sounded encouraging... It reminded me of 1 Corinthians 13, especially The Message translation:

(13But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.)

Will we need faith after we die? I don't think so, because we will be complete if we die in Christ. I think that the only everlasting gift will be Love.... if I'm wrong please someone correct me.

But then, it could be a warning, that you will be ok if you keep faith.... Anyway it is, don't lose faith!

In Christ,

Song
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Is that statement a piece of scripture and if so, can you please put it in context by either showing us the entire chapter before and after or at least giving us the book, chapter and verse?

thanks!
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

hello songmiracle, haven't seen you around before

ReBorn, naw that statement was a Word the Lord gave me 5 years ago

it was the last phrase of a much longer Word...i don't have a copy of it unfortunately
Angie

Post by Angie »

Two verse come to mind...

Hebrews 12
4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons:

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6 because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.”

7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8 If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline, then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! 10 Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness.11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

12 Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13 “Make level paths for your feet,” so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

Romans 6
11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. 14 For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

The blessings of God will fall even during this period of sanctification. God is treating you as a son/daughter.

Shalom
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

good post Angie

made me feel better

after reading your post, i went out and got something to eat from Burger King and saw my number again...116

http://tehillahdreams.com/board/viewtop ... 3&start=15
songmiracle
Silver Member

Post by songmiracle »

Four,

I've been around since 2007. Just don't post a lot.... because I am more focused on what the Bible actually says and the context. I'm am very careful with personal interpretations, revelations and so forth.. unless the person has demonstrated a good record... even so, anyone can make mistakes...

God Bless You!
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

The blessings of God will fall even during this period of sanctification. God is treating you as a son/daughter.

how and when though?

i've determined it to renounce this sin that is so powerful that it even blocks the Lord's presence from my life/daily life

one of the blessings...besides my wife...should be that over 80% of the temptation's power gets taken out of me
Angie

Post by Angie »

You have been saved by grace through faith and you will also be free from the power of the enemy in the same way. When we are unable...God is able. The blessings of God will fall as you obey his will. Each mountain in our own personal lives comes with it's own set of struggles but God [with the help of the Holy Spirit] will enable you to overcome these areas as he exposes them to you and as you choose you make the appropriate changes necessary...again, with the help of the Holy Spirit. This is all part of our own personal sanctification process in Jesus. The blessing of God will fall during this period of time because you choose to do/obey his will and desire to be Holy, just as he is Holy.

Shalom
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

please someone help me understand

In this God the Lord said to me "SURELY you WILL learn to MASTER your sin....even to the end of your faith."

That sounds to me like God IS focused on this particular sin?

But EVERY post I've gotten in the past few years from people are ones saying the OPPOSITE...
LarrytheDreamer
Diamond Member

Post by LarrytheDreamer »

Joshua

The term "end of your faith" means this... Recieving the promise of salvation (1 Peter 1:9)
I thought that yesterday I clearly explained to you what "mastering your sin" means.

So I would break down the prophecy like this... You will understand who you are and who's you are(in Him) and that if you do what the Bible says (that we ALL have explained to you), your sin will be covered (by the Blood) and you will not try to EARN your salvation that has been provided to you freely by Jesus by all He has done.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

:like:
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

hello

yes i read your posts they were helpful Larry

it is true i have NOT felt like a saved person for a looooooooooong time now
LarrytheDreamer
Diamond Member

Post by LarrytheDreamer »

Taking a break from things, and putting off those things are two different plans of action. (Ephesians 4:22-24)
Many born-again believers wake up each day and don't "feel" saved, but that doesn't mean they're not.
The devil's job is to try to keep a veil of darkness around you, and ONLY YOU can decide to fight....meaning if you ask us to pray for you, you should do your part in the fight as well.
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

Taking a break from things, and putting off those things are two different plans of action. (Ephesians 4:22-24)

i'm simply talking about not making them idols (having more thoughts about them instead of what's in the Bible) which has been happening

i WANT a relationship with the Lord though...i can feel that