Meeting an old acquantance and an old friend

Archives for 2012
Ruthie

Meeting an old acquantance and an old friend

Post by Ruthie »

Hi there I had this dream a few days ago, and I'm struggling to find the meaning:

I went in to a gift shop in Kirkintilloch (the town next to me) which I discovered was being run by a girl and her mum that I knew through a friend at Secondary School. The girl had had a baby while at school.
I surprisingly started chatting to her, asking how the baby was, it was now 18/20 years on. We had a lovely conversation and then I left, walking out into the beautiful sunny day.

The next scene I was on a train, and a girl I used to be very close friends with came on the train with her parents. She immediately said hello and looked very happy to see me. (I was taken a back and surprised because she had made it very clear she wants absolutely nothing to do with me.) I know she has just had a baby and in the dream she was excited to show me pictures and share her joy.

Any thoughts/interpretations would be very helpful.
Blessings,
Ruthie
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi Ruthie,

I haven't got an interp, but it's pretty clear you've got some themes forming here...

Bumping into acquaintances you wouldn't normally communicate with.
Surprise.
Baby joy/the blessing of children.
Kirkintilloch is probably significant (church in the field OR fort at the end of the hillock - depending on which meaning applies)

Am wondering if this dream could be about fixing some mindsets to do with relationships/forgiveness/getting over grudges etc. Something along those lines. Not sure. Just tossing it out there. Throw it if it doesn't apply to you.

Generally I get the feeling it's a lovely dream because of the gift symbolism and the baby joy.

*edited to fix typo (gee been making alot of those lately!)
Last edited by bella on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ruthie

Post by Ruthie »

Hi Crackerjack,
That's really helpful,
thank you x