Astral projection

Archives for 2012
savyourdvine

Astral projection

Post by savyourdvine »

I've been taught Astral projection is under demonic influence. I know several people that does it. They seem to be caught up in the energy of being able to leave their bodies at their free will. No matter what I've shared based on Bible principles, it has been rejected. They believe it is God that gives them the ability to float around whenever they have a notion. I've had dreams about people astral projecting, later to come face to face with them in a astral state walking in my home. The one thing I've observed is rebuking them in the name of Jesus, not only cause them to leave your presence, it also seem to cause them to be weaken. Is there anyone with more insight?
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Re: Astral projection

Post by Realisticdreamz »

savyourdvine wrote:I've been taught Astral projection is under demonic influence. I know several people that does it. They seem to be caught up in the energy of being able to leave their bodies at their free will. No matter what I've shared based on Bible principles, it has been rejected. They believe it is God that gives them the ability to float around whenever they have a notion. I've had dreams about people astral projecting, later to come face to face with them in a astral state walking in my home. The one thing I've observed is rebuking them in the name of Jesus, not only cause them to leave your presence, it also seem to cause them to be weaken. Is there anyone with more insight[/b]
Hi, though this is more of a question, I can see why you are asking because it is related to your dream. I can only say that I agree wholeheartedly with you, that it is not Godly. Maybe I can offer something about your dream...

I experienced what they call "out of body travel" about 30 years ago, just before submitting my life to the Lord. I felt very uncomfortable about what was happening and there were others around me that were practicing it. They would tell me just focus on the light, the light will protect you. But they were not people living their lives for the Lord. Yet, they used the light in order to make people feel comfortable and as if it were natural and God was involved in it. Nothing about what they were doing was about or for the Lord. They just enjoyed delving into the "spiritual." My spirit did not feel right about it.

Once, I woke after an experience like that which had a very uncomfortable feeling about it. When I woke, my whole body was tingling like when a part of your body goes to sleep. I woke to someone looking strangely at me and I asked why, they said, because I couldn't wake you and you did not seem to be breathing.

Shortly after that I gave my life to Him and prayed, "Lord if this is not from you, please never let it happen again!"

It never happened again! Which answered my question.

I believe it is delving into dangerous areas of the enemy.

Having said that, I have had dreams where I my spirit was floating, or the sensation of floating, flying, being lifted up by unseen hands, and the Spirit of God seemed behind them, but not out of the body experience like before. So, I am sure some not all dreams about this are bad... but practicing OOBE's is not Biblical or Godly that I can see. There is scripture about being "caught up in the spirit" with the Lord when we are bring shown something; but this would be the works of the Lord and for a purpose.

I hope this helps... and hope others can elaborate better than I have.

Pray without ceasing and keep lifting your question up to Him... He will give you wisdom and direction concerning this. :)

May He bless you and your family and guide you with His loving Hands!
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
savyourdvine

Post by savyourdvine »

Realiticdreamz thanks for sharing. I was taught staring at light would get you into the spirit realm. And like you it was very uncomfortable. I thank God He keeps us in our ignorance. I've learned over the years to just stick with the Word of God!
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Post by Realisticdreamz »

savyourdvine wrote:Realiticdreamz thanks for sharing. I was taught staring at light would get you into the spirit realm. And like you it was very uncomfortable. I thank God He keeps us in our ignorance. I've learned over the years to just stick with the Word of God!
You meant, thank God for keeping us FROM our ignorance, right! ;)

You can't go wrong sticking to the Word of God! I would advise to stay away from those things.

But, further, when I starting experiencing that I did not know that others around me were doing this. I shared the experience with a lady who told me that a group of them around me (at work) were purposely doing this, practicing this, and it was natural. It made me wonder if that is WHY I was experiencing that also, because it was around me even though I was not aware of them doing this until I shared my experience.

So, we must be careful not to let these things sink into our spirits from the world around us. Again, self-willing our spirits like that with curiosity can be very dangerous.

This "New Age" religion / spirituality involving unity with diverse spirits is growing rapidly these days and is dangerous and can lead many away from the "Truth" and from Him! Humbling submitting ourselves to Him, the Word of God, and focusing on Him alone, is the way to keep ourselves from being spotted by the world and pure in heart and spirit and from being lead "astra"y.

Remember that it says that in the last days the very elect will be deceived if it were possible.

You are right to stick to the Word of God, no matter how appealing, convincing, or tempting delving into the spiritual realm -- outside of the Word of God -- may appear !
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
savyourdvine

Post by savyourdvine »

Correct, keeping us from being ignorant. For we are not ignorant to satan devices.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Moved this to the Dream Questions area of the board. Yes, Astral Projection is of the enemy, it is nothing more than new age occult witchcraft. It uses soul power or an enemy demon guide's power which is a spirit of Divination at work. Deuteronomy 18:10-13, Exodus 20:3-4. Definitely calling on the name of Jesus will stop this type of attack, also set up a hedge of protection, walk around your house/property and pray and plead the blood of Jesus around your house and property to stop this for good. If the attacks continue after that, there is an open door (past sin in your own life, or a cursed object) that needs to be repented of or removed from your home. Once the authority is gained and the door is shut, the enemy must leave when commanded to. Hope this helps.

in Christ,
zadokpriest
Diamond Member

Post by zadokpriest »

BJ :like: