Church Dream

Archives for 2012
jmlawus

Church Dream

Post by jmlawus »

I live in California, originally from Pennsylvania... I had a dream early Saturday morning about a Mega church I attend.

[START OF DREAM]
"In the dream, I saw that there was corruption going on with Mega Church's finances. I decided to confront a person (forget who) and pray with them. The prayer turned into a rebuke and my rebuke was broadcasted on a microphone where a lot of people heard it.

People at Mega Church were pissed at the reveal of the corruption. But I also saw these two people from my youth - from the philadelphia church there looking at me hurt and kinda mad about what I said."

I woke up confused - why were people there from my youth/ Philadelphia home church and what did they care about what I said at the California Mega church. [END OF DREAM]

Later that morning I went to the mega church to serve with the street witnessing ministry. Then when I got there... the leader (who I respect) brought up that she has plans to use me next year in a much larger role than what I've been doing. She asked questions about my seminary training and said that it's time to stop playing and get to work. Later that day after witnessing she actually said I was on her mind to be the team leader. My natural self does not want to be a leader in the street witnessing ministry. I'm interested that all this happened right after this dream. I've been serving on this ministry since August and prior to Saturday she never mentioned any of this.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi looks like you're new here. Welcome. There's a board for new members to go and post an introduction if you so desire...

This dream could be about a few different things. Could be literal (I'd hold off on that until you get more confirmation). And you definitely can't accuse anyone unless you have proof. But you CAN pray into it. Could be an outworking of how you're feeling about something else, presenting as this, in order to help you work out what's going on ...
She asked questions about my seminary training and said that it's time to stop playing and get to work.
How do you feel about that comment? Is she right? Or is she overstepping the line?
Later that day after witnessing she actually said I was on her mind to be the team leader. My natural self does not want to be a leader in the street witnessing ministry.
Obviously you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. You feel comfortable to turn down any offers you're not interested in, right?

If this was me, I would be holding off on accepting any type of leadership role in this church until I had a handle on what was going on, because I would NOT want to be seen to be part of something that's corrupt. Once you're in-in, it's harder to get out, and lots of people get hurt. Relationships are SO important.

People at Mega Church were pissed at the reveal of the corruption.
This is a pretty standard response, for many. A lot of people don't want to hear that there's anything wrong with the churches they attend. Also, could depend on how the message was delivered.

If this dream turns out to be revelatory, then that's the same response you can expect to get in real life.
But I also saw these two people from my youth - from the philadelphia church there looking at me hurt and kinda mad about what I said.
What do these friends represent to you? Were you involved in something similar with them back when in your old church? Because they're from your past, ask yourself, are you dealing with past issues here? These are the kinds of things you ask yourself to work out what these people may represent.
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Hi jmlawus,

a few things on my mind are these...

1. Keep your ears open and listening.

2. You will find all kinds in mega churches. Financial corruption included. You just make sure you do the right thing. I'm sure you will be working for free (as many do) in mega churches.

For instance, maybe a church would not rebuke a man for committing adultery against his wife do to the fact that he was a big tither/giver to that church, and they didn't want to lose him. That is corruption. That was an unfaithful man, and that church corruptly compromised for his dollars.

3. The fact that Philapdelphia church members (came into view) brought me to the scriptures of (Revelation 3:7-12)

The Faithful Church

7 “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,

‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”:[c] 8 “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it;[d] for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. 9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 Behold,[e] I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. 12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

Hope this helps in some way,
Lady
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11