Road Kill and Alabaster Box

Archives for 2012
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Road Kill and Alabaster Box

Post by TexasTransplant »

Part 1:
I was walking along the side of a highway with a few Hispanic women that I do not know in real life. We kept approaching dead dogs and other unrecognizable road kill. I felt so sad about some of the dogs. They would stop and check each animal for signs of life before moving on. They showed me how to do this on a cute black Lab puppy. He felt warm and soft, but definitely dead. I somehow knew that even though these animals looked LONG dead, still, these women were able to bring some of them back to life. We walked on to the next animal, something smaller, and she flipped it over with her shoe. It was covered in maggots (yuck, sorry). She knocked at it gently with the toe of her shoe a couple times and the thing jumped up, clean and healthy, and ran off. It reminded me of a deer or antelope when it ran off like that.

Part 2:
I got a voicemail message from my dad that said he had great news. News that was 'all about me' and that I'd love. I was visiting Australia when I got this message, staying with an old friend from church that does NOT live in Australia in real life. She had several different friends staying at her house that she shared with her parents. I thought it was very kind of her to have so many guests use her home. The friends were from all over the world....Africa, Singapore, Mexico, USA.

Suddenly I am in MY mom and dad's living room and they are so happy to tell me some news. They said that they'd talked with a man they know (a very common name I can't recall, but it could've been 'Bobby Conners' which I think may be an evangelist in real life.) I understood this to be a person that works with my dad at the railroad. They said that he told them that my dad (from this dream) is my real dad after all. I told them that I already knew that because the Lord had told me but they were instead totally convinced because this man (I felt he must be a clairvoyant or something similar) had told them. I rolled my eyes and asked them why we didn't just take a simply medical test to find out instead and they said this was 100% accurate because this man never gets anything wrong. She said, "He has papers!" I asked them HOW he went about doing this without ever meeting with me. She explained that he 'smells' the two people and can tell biological paternity that way. I saw a 'video' of my dad opening his mouth and smoke coming out that this person inhaled. When I brought up the fact that I wasn't there to be 'smelled', my mother picked up a small, round alabaster box I think I've seen at her house before. She told me that it represented me and held my scent since I'd handled it before. The man had sniffed it, sniffed my dad, and came to his scientific conclusion this way.

Next I'm at a high school sporting event walking up bleachers to get a seat and I see my dad sitting there chatting with some others up high on the bleachers. He's holding a baby and fumbles her. She falls a few rows down, head first, and he doesn't even notice. I go up to tell him that but he doesn't hear me and I decide to let it go. Later I'm in a hallway holding a cute baby girl myself.

Next scene, I'm in a room watching this man in a circle with the actor Owen Wilson and others and they are smoking marijuana (or some sort of similar substance). They are dressed like homeless people. I see that this man my parents so vehemently believed is not necessarily of God. Then I go back to my friend's house in Australia. ?????

Just need to add that the subject of paternity isn't necessarily symbolic here. My mother did recently disclose to me that she believes I'm the product of a rape she endured in the late 70s so that my 'dad' isn't really my real dad. Although she's never bothered to find out for certain, I feel that she could be wrong about me and I also believe the Lord has spoken to me on it. This scene from the dream is important, but I'm lost on its meaning.
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Not super sure, but I think this part 2 has to do with how I view my parents as leaning on the world's wisdom instead of God's. They don't consult psychics in real life, but they do perhaps lean on other people's own opinions over true wisdom a lot. I think the baby girl my dad dropped on the bleachers was me and I get that whole scene now. Still wondering about symbols like the alabaster container, Australia, road kill. I understand the significance of the alabaster box and I love that story in the bible, just trying to fit how it represented me and the connection was made by this man of the 'world' in the dream. I know this is a complicated dream! Any help is welcome :)
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Yes, I thought the baby was you too.

Am purposely keeping quiet on the Australia stuff! Except that I've had a STRONG feeling that you'll be visiting one day. Will hand that over to God so it's not causing any interruptions.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Well, YAHOO!! I'd flipping love to visit one day! What a fun thought. You really never know with God. I often wake up and go, "HA! I live in Texas. Weird!" I can't imagine Brad being the one to arrange such a trip...he's insecure about the way I get wobble-legged hearing Aussie men talk :). He tried once but ended up sounding Italian. Pretty funny, that guy.

This was a VERY full, very interesting set of dreams. A lot to pick apart. I didn't dream at all last night that I recall which is strange for me and also strange considering the day I had yesterday. I think he wants me to simmer on this one a while before moving on. The road kill seems simple enough but is TOTALLY throwing me for a loop! The person in Australia seemed to be fulfilling a ministry calling by offering everything she owned and could to all these transient people. It carried a 'lay down one's life for a friend' feeling. Their house was like a revolving door and they shared all they could, especially the daughter/my friend. I remember them getting news someone else was coming in and I expected them to cry or at least protest and instead they, very lovingly-very Jesus like, welcomed them as if they were the only guests they'd ever have. This stuck out big time in this dream. Not sure if it's literal 'hospitality' or just has to do with sacrifice. Interesting.
justhisvessell
Silver Member

Post by justhisvessell »

There seems to be a connection as well that dogs (known for a keen sense of smell) were revived and the guy went on smell to determine paternity?

Also, you knew in your dream that it was a wierd undocumented way of determining. It could also be tied to your mother recently disclosing this information & never actually having it tested.

Also, when I think Alabaster Box, I think of brokeness, IDK if it helps but those are a few things I see.

That is surface stuff but stuff nonetheless :)
Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

I can't imagine Brad being the one to arrange such a trip...he's insecure about the way I get wobble-legged hearing Aussie men talk . He tried once but ended up sounding Italian. Pretty funny, that guy.
Thanks I needed that laugh! :lol:

I CAN'T imagine getting wobble-legged at hearing Aussie men talk!!!! Especially the ones with the drawn out strine accents. Funny.
It carried a 'lay down one's life for a friend' feeling. Their house was like a revolving door and they shared all they could, especially the daughter/my friend. I remember them getting news someone else was coming in and I expected them to cry or at least protest and instead they, very lovingly-very Jesus like, welcomed them as if they were the only guests they'd ever have. This stuck out big time in this dream. Not sure if it's literal 'hospitality' or just has to do with sacrifice. Interesting.
As I read this part, I thought 'that's what Australians used to be known for'. Especially in war. Aussies were known to be great in combat because of how they took care of other people - it's called mateship here.

Mateship is an Australian cultural idiom that embodies equality, loyalty and friendship. There are two types of mateship, the inclusive and the exclusive; the inclusive is in relation to a shared situation (e.g., employment, sports, or hardship), whereas the exclusive type is toward a third party (e.g., a person that you have just met). Russel Ward, in The Australian Legend (1958), saw the concept as a central one to the Australian people. Mateship derives from mate, meaning friend, commonly used in Australia as an amicable form of address. Mateship can also be expressed in such qualities as loyalty to one's mates in preference to the law.
Mateship is regarded as an Australian military virtue. For instance, the Australian Army Recruit Training Centre lists the "soldierly qualities" it seeks to instill as including "a will to win, dedication to duty, honour, compassion and honesty, mateship and teamwork, loyalty, and physical and moral courage."[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateship
I suspect you're identifying one of Australia's God-given personalities...
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

I love it! I love how different regions and even ethnicities carry their own characteristics of the Father. Interesting subject. Just found this, seemed to fit so I wanted to add it here for everyone. Future reference...

Alabaster Box- perfume vase, fragrance of Jesus Christ’s sacrifice and brokenness. (Mt 26:7; Luke 7:37; Mark 14:3)