Bell Crafts w/ Nicole Kidman

Archives for 2012
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Bell Crafts w/ Nicole Kidman

Post by TexasTransplant »

Was watching people who were staying in a hotel. The hotel had a craft store and a lady and her daughter were shopping there. Nicole Kidman runs up (without a bra...???) and tells the woman that she always shops there for her crafts. They talk about making little hand bells and Nicole pulls her's out of her purse to show the woman. They were like baby rattles, but bells. Later I notice Nicole's hair is long and stringy and there was more emphasis on her chest. What on earth??
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

I believe the craft store may represent a place of craftiness or cunningness.
Definition of crafty: The original meaning is that of "ability to do anything," universally applied in a bad sense to unscrupulous wickedness, that stops short of no measure, however reprehensible, in order to attain its purposes; then, in a modified form, to resourcefulness in wrong, cunning (Daniel 8:25; 2 Maccabees 12:24; the Revised Version, margin "jugglery"). In Luke 20:23, Jesus perceives "the craftiness" of His adversaries, i.e. the complicated network which they have laid to ensnare Him. The art with which a plot is concealed, and its direction to the ruin of others, are elements that enter into the meaning. Heinrici on 1 Corinthians 3:19 illustrates from Plato the distinction between craftiness and wisdom. There is a touch of humor in 2 Corinthians 12:16, when Paul speaks of his conduct toward the Corinthians as having been "crafty."
Bras in my opinion speaks of protection and security. My 1st thought on Nicole sans bra was “bra burning” which is symbolic of women liberation against oppression. So I view this as false liberation or liberation based on worldly standards and that not of the Kingdom of God. Being without a bra also speaks of not being covered. The baby rattle looking like a bell brings to mind the term “bells and whistles” which is a nonessential enhancement to add commercial appeal.
The hotel may represent a mindset in which people are focus on having things done for them. So I view this dream as something you are or will see in others, such as laziness, false liberation, taking advantage of others, deception, and embellishment. As usual toss if it does not speak
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

This is super interesting because it goes hand in hand with a conversation I just had with a therapist I'm seeing right now. Pretty kooky how I posted this first THEN had the conversation later :). I think you're obviously right on with this. Feminism, power, cunning...all came up. That last sentence REALLY strikes a cord. I wonder if this has to do with people in the church I know or even at the kids' school. The school is a christian school but I'm noticing, to my dismay, how many of the parents actually are NOT. The faculty and leadership there is amazing and I haven't met one single teacher or staff member that didn't smell like the Holy Spirit :), but the more I'm around other kids and parents the more I'm noticing things. Not that I was under the impression that it was a perfect little place with perfect little people--I know that's not realistic, but I think it did shock me how much of a 'show' some of these moms put on that looks right but when you have a conversation it's just...fluff. Maybe that's what this was about. Actually I KNOW it was now that I think about it! I was thinking about one of the mothers yesterday and said to myself that I think she's into that women's liberation stuff pretty deep. Good job, Newbie!!! Wow, you nailed it!!
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello TT, I wanted to put this out to you because I neglected to put it in my original response. I know each of our dream language is different but after reading your response, I believe this fits perfectly. Kidman being an actress brings to mind the symbolism of pretending or false pretense because that is what actors do: simply pretend or portray something that they are not.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

I thought of the 'actress' aspect too. Also translates as 'hypocrite' in the bible.

Also, Nicole Kidman is considered very good at her 'craft'.

I once had a weird WEIRD experience which I will PM you - not for open board - re Nicole Kidman.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

CJ, my email said 'private message arrived' but I don't see one! Was it yours?? I agree with what you two think about this one. The morphing she did into a stringy, greasy haired woman made me think 'witch' also. All the definitions of 'craft' here fit, I think. Strange thing to dream right now for me. You ever have a lot going on and totally expect to dream in line with it but instead you dream of something seemingly unrelated?? My copper/airplane dream was like that too. I woke up thinking it MUST be some deep message about all the family stuff going on right now but instead it was the Lord saying, "Hey! Quit worrying about what everybody else has in their driveway!" Haha! I hadn't really noticed it creeping up into my heart because of the other stuff I guess. He did, though :). Ok, so in the last 3 days I've dreamed of an Australian setting, Nicole Kidman and at dinner the couple next to us burst into tears and started jumping up and down when her husband surprised her with plane tickets to...*drum roll*...Sydney. I'm rolling over all of it in my head trying to come up with phrases that might include 'down under' or something like that because this symbol is definitely coming up a lot lately! Maybe it's just a call to pray for someone there :). Nothing else is coming to mind!
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Possible meaning, toss if it does not speak:
To dream about Australia represents a state of mind that's selfless or co-operative. It may reflect you or someone else that is focused on trying their best. A generous spirit or doing your best to help someone else. Giving something your all or the "old college try."
Alternatively, Australia may reflect wilful blindness or politey ignoring other people's problems or bad habits.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Most definitely fits in the alabaster/road kill dream 100%
lainey68
Gold Member

Re: Bell Crafts w/ Nicole Kidman

Post by lainey68 »

TexasTransplant wrote:Was watching people who were staying in a hotel. The hotel had a craft store and a lady and her daughter were shopping there. Nicole Kidman runs up (without a bra...???) and tells the woman that she always shops there for her crafts. They talk about making little hand bells and Nicole pulls her's out of her purse to show the woman. They were like baby rattles, but bells. Later I notice Nicole's hair is long and stringy and there was more emphasis on her chest. What on earth??
------

Ever hear of the movie, 'Bell, Book and Candle'? It's an old movie from the 50s about a man who eventually marries a witch. Nicole Kidman played a witch in 'Practical Magic' and 'Bewitched'. IIRC, Bewitched was developed because of Bell, Book and Candle. Also, I thought the witch in BB&C owned some sort of store. You can look it up. But I think that's what your dream means. Craft is associated witchcraft.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

I agree, thank you! I didn't know about the movie, I'll have a look.