Cliff Diving

Archives for 2012
lainey68
Gold Member

Cliff Diving

Post by lainey68 »

Good morning,

I had a dream this morning and am trying to figure out if it means anything.

I was with an acquaintance and we were walking somewhere like I guess Hawaii. We came to a really high cliff and down below was I guess a river or ocean. My friend wanted me to jump in with him, but I was reluctant. I don't think I was afraid, but unsure. He said he would hold my hand. I wasn't sure if the water was shallow or not. I think eventually I did jump in and everything was fine. The water was deep, and we dove deep and came back up to the surface. EOD.

Although I love swimming, for years I was afraid of deep water because of an incident with a diving board and I almost drowned. God worked some things in me to show me how my fear of deep water was spiritual, too. That I was afraid to get 'too deep' spiritually. I thought I had worked on that, but maybe not? The water in the dream was green. Not dark green, but like a Coke bottle. The cliff was luscious with beautiful green trees. Very lush. Oh, and the water was calm. It wasn't stagnant, but it was still and peaceful.

The friend I was with I've known for years, but only on a surface level. So, I'm thinking maybe I need to be more deep in my relationships? I know this person through church and I have not actively attended church in 2 years. I have let a lot of relationships--friendships, etc, all by the wayside.

Maybe I've answered my own question, lol, but I'd still like to ear other interpretation. Especially on the green since green was everywhere in the dream.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

Your dream is the exact same vision I had 5 years ago when the Lord was asking me to follow him seriously for the first time. I was on a cliff, scared to jump and saw his hand extend towards mine. I didn't really want to jump but knew if I didn't that I would regret it forever. So I did! It was a 'leap of faith' and that is what I think your dream should be titled as well :). Mine was about relationship...you mentioned your thoughts being along the same lines as relationship. Interesting. Hope this helps!!

*adding: Green is usually about growth and life.
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
lainey68
Gold Member

Post by lainey68 »

TexasTransplant wrote:Your dream is the exact same vision I had 5 years ago when the Lord was asking me to follow him seriously for the first time. I was on a cliff, scared to jump and saw his hand extend towards mine. I didn't really want to jump but knew if I didn't that I would regret it forever. So I did! It was a 'leap of faith' and that is what I think your dream should be titled as well :). Mine was about relationship...you mentioned your thoughts being along the same lines as relationship. Interesting. Hope this helps!!

*adding: Green is usually about growth and life.
Thank you! And that is interesting about the relatiobships. You lnow what else is funny? I just posted a reply to your (I think it was you) dream about Nicole Kidman, :mrgreen: i think at the same time you replied to me.