Choking in sleep...HELP!!

Archives for 2012
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Choking in sleep...HELP!!

Post by TexasTransplant »

For the second time in a month I've awakened terrified because I dreamed I was choking. Both times I flew out of bed and ran to the sink trying to pull these things from my throat. Last night I dreamed someone dropped an open, very heavy, sharp scissors down my throat and I awoke believing it was true. I even tried to make myself throw up last night believing it was there somewhere. HELP!!
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Someone may be trying to stop your voice from being heard or may want you to shut up. Rebuke it in the name of Jesus.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
savyourdvine

Post by savyourdvine »

I had a similar attack years ago. I had purchased used furniture and placed it in a room where I slept. I was attacked numerous times that night. I awaken, rebuked the spirits in the room that had access through the furniture and anointed everything with holy oil. I continued sleeping in that room in total peace, never attacked again.

Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Resist the devil and he will flee. James 4;7
Last edited by savyourdvine on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Thank you guys! I would normally agree with you except that this is different. I'm not really choking, just observing things going in my mouth/throat. I'm not choking, just AFRAID I will. It doesn't feel malicious although I do know what you mean and have had those experiences in the past. I am waking up and rushing to the sink almost involuntarily. It happened again just a few hours ago and this time I think it was a tape measure or perhaps a container that holds a mouth retainer. After this episode I can say that it feels like a message from The Lord. Possibly about watching my words. Not sure though. Thanks for your input! I'm going to pray more about it all! Let me know if He shows you guys anything about it. Thanks!
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello TT, what comes to me is something that is hard for you to digest. If it was me I would viewed each object as to what they may symbolize. For example, the measuring tape may "represent your attempt to measure or feel the strength or severity of a situation. Doing something to test a person or situation to feel how powerful or capable they are. If may also reflect a comparison you are using to notice how bad something is or how strong something is. Doing something to see how you measure up. You may be trying to figure out why someone else can get away with something and you can't. Alternatively, a measuring tape may reflect your preparation or research before doing something. Figuring out how much emotion, aggression, or work will be required to reach a goal. Negatively, you may be doubting yourself or trying to see what you can get away with."

The scissors may "represent decisiveness, emotional separation from issues, or getting rid of something. You may be making a choice, or cutting something out of your life. It may also reflect some area of your life being severed."

As usual toss if it does not speak!
Source: Gillian Holloway Ph.D
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

That's very interesting. Just after I posted here this morning I realized it had appeared to be a tape measure for a second and then I realized it was an orthodontic mouth retainer container. I also saw an old man lose his dentures just before this. I'm wondering if it has to do with some things I said about some old friends last night while chatting with my husband during dinner. I knew as I was saying them that I was being at least a little judgmental (tape measure?) and needed to RETAIN my words :). Last week I dreamed I was choking on scissors and later caught myself speaking to my husband about something in a very hurtful, cutting way. I wondered if the 'choking' was about...stumbling over something. I don't know, just what I've been thinking. Also dreamed I was about to choke on something and instead saw a chocolate bon-bon being dropped from above into my mouth. SO STRANGE!!! It's just getting my attention so much because I keep popping out of bed in the middle of the night and running to the sink. My husband thinks I'm nuts :). (In my dreams, sinks represent the Word!) I think it's the Lord trying to communicate to me in a new way that makes me pay more attention to Him. Anybody else ever have experiences like this with Him??
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

However, this also fits so I'm not totally running with my own interpretation here! Could mean both I've come to realize, also.

The scissors may "represent decisiveness, emotional separation from issues, or getting rid of something. You may be making a choice, or cutting something out of your life. It may also reflect some area of your life being severed."