PRETENDING TO DIE?

Archives for 2013
Servantleader
Gold Member

PRETENDING TO DIE?

Post by Servantleader »

Dreamt that I was in 2 places wearing all white and pretending to die. There were two people that I knew from the past, one person from my neighborhood growing up, and another from the church where I grew up - who were trying to help me. It seemed as if with the girl from my neighborhood, who is slightly older than I, I kept falling out.
aj_snow
Gold Member

Post by aj_snow »

One possibility: IF this dream is about the actualization of the dying of self (less of me, more of Him; I die daily; not I, but Christ liveth in me), it is informing and warning about pretending to die to self.

The two people might represent Christians and non-Christians, the spiritual people and the "others". Perhaps there is a tendency to see people in this way? In the dream, you keep falling out with the others. Yet, in the laboratory of our life, aren't the everyday circumstances the raw material we can use to "die to the self", whether those circumstances be with churchfolk or otherfolk?

Take all with a grain of salt. :)
Servantleader
Gold Member

Post by Servantleader »

A.J. thank you for your insightful responses. I am NOT taking them with a grain of salt, as there is much substantive truth in your revelations. Thank you again!
mynewsong
Platinum Member

Post by mynewsong »

Hi Servantleader,

Just my thoughts as I read through your dream....
Dreamt that I was in 2 places wearing all white and pretending to die.
Wearing white reminds me of our Identity in Christ and especially as this may represent you as a Servantleader - one who mentors others in Christlikeness - perhaps your going through a season where the enemy may be putting on the pressure with harassing lies.

I remember myself as a teen under intense social pressures and life changes. I remember becoming resentful and fearful at times. In my mind I would daydream and picture myself dead just so I could "take myself out of the battle" so to speak.

Being in two places in your dream could represent the negative meaning of two...separation and division. But the Lord says He delivers us from the webs of fear and illusion that separate and divide. His faithfulness is pure. He has removed the sorrow.
There were two people that I knew from the past, one person from my neighborhood growing up, and another from the church where I grew up - who were trying to help me. It seemed as if with the girl from my neighborhood, who is slightly older than I, I kept falling out.
But the two people also could represent the positive - Unity and the power of agreement in prayer.... the Word states to come into agreement and to take these deep down thoughts, or lies from the enemy, captive. He requires that we come directly to Him to get the faith we need for substantiating divine facts to our natural minds-this substantiating is revelation. These two helpers could represent helpers/angels that have been assigned to work in your life.

As always, please pitch if it doesn't jive with you.
Blessings
MNS
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. And whatever you do, do it with kindness and love.
I Cor 16:13-14
Servantleader
Gold Member

Post by Servantleader »

Amen Newsong! I could use some helpers right now! Thank God for the Holy Ghost!