Raccoon and a snake

Archives for 2013
sing4777
Silver Member

Raccoon and a snake

Post by sing4777 »

The other night I had a dream that it was just getting dark outside and I walked to the front door of my mom's house (not her house irl).
I looked and there was a baby raccoon. I don't know if this means anything, but there were bushes to the right of me.
I knelt down to see about the raccoon at the encouragment of my mother. I didn't see my mother, I just heared her voice. I approached with caution and didn't have a very good feeling about the whole thing. My mother was trying to get me to pet the racoon and I did, even though something inside told me not to.
Then out came the mother of the raccoon. The mother racoon attacked me, biting and scratching deep wounds into my right arm.
End of dream

The next evening I dreamed that I was in a deep ditch. It had a lot of vines down in it and growing up the side. There was an area that looked almost as if it were some kind of nest and I chose to turn around and go the other way because I had a feeling that it could be some sort of snack nest.
I couldn't find a way out and there was no one around to help me, so I began to use the vines to try to climb to the top of the ditch. As I was climbing up, a snake with a big head and a short body jumped out of the vines and landed on my right shoulder. I grabbed it and threw it down to my left.
End of dream

Any thoughts?
Last edited by sing4777 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Sing, what I got from the first portion is that you went against your better judgment (“something inside told me not to”) and try to show love or embrace (the attempt to pet) someone who may be unsavory. Your attempt to reach out to this person resulted in them lashing out at you (I viewed the mother raccoon as a symbol for instinct). As usual toss if it does not speak!
sing4777
Silver Member

Post by sing4777 »

Thank you, Newbie. Any thoughts on the dream about the 2nd dream?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

The last time I had a dream with a raccoon in it, the dream was refering to my sister in law. IRL many years ago she was living with us at the time of the dream and she was being a mischiveous creature of the night who was always getting into trouble in the dark after hours partying. Other dreams I have seen raccoon's standing for this type of night time mischif or night time bandit type of person. On your particular dream, don't get in between a mother and her baby as it can be painful.

On the second dream, I feel that it is a message that you are feeling trapped. The big headed short bodied snake to me represents a bold faced lie that is landing on you that you are trapped. The truth is that it needs to be thrown down in Jesus name who came to set the captives free.

Hope this helps.

in Christ,
sing4777
Silver Member

Post by sing4777 »

Thank you, Bjcollin.

I'm not sure that I understand your interpretation of the second dream. I wouldn't feel trapped by a lie because I don't lie. I'm not saying that I "would never" never lie - because it seems like the very thing we boast that we would never do, we end up doing.... Unfortunately. hmmm

Anyway... could you please give me some clarification as to what you meant? Thank you. :)
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Not saying you were the one lying. The enemy is the one lying to you in some aspect, ie you are believing something that is a lie. Sorry that I was not more clear in my last post.

in Christ,
sing4777
Silver Member

Post by sing4777 »

Thank you for taking the time to clarify. :)