disturbing dream

Archives for 2013
Ruth
Diamond Member

disturbing dream

Post by Ruth »

I had a dream me and my older son was at my mothers house (deceased). We came outside because a police car pulled up with my youngest son in the back in hand cuffs. I think I said what now??? They opened the back door where he was sitting and they handed me a bunch of clothes with expensive tags on them I guess he had stolen. I noticed he had on a red t-shirt. We went up to the car I guess I was fussing and he act like he was getting ready to hit me and my oldest jumped in and said you better not. Then my youngest said I just can't take it anymore. I woke up and started praying.

EOD
SpecialK
Diamond Member

Post by SpecialK »

Because of the police, the Lord may be wanting you to use your authority in some situation.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

I am sorry Ruth, that is disturbing.

Your son could represent himself or he represents an aspect of you. Is he in need of identity/self image improvement (clothes with new tags) and rebellious or intensely emotional (wanting to strike out), or are you in some way?
Diamond Member

Re: disturbing dream

Post by Newbie »

Ruth wrote:I had a dream me and my older son was at my mothers house (deceased). We came outside because a police car pulled up with my youngest son in the back in hand cuffs. I think I said what now??? They opened the back door where he was sitting and they handed me a bunch of clothes with expensive tags on them I guess he had stolen. I noticed he had on a red t-shirt. We went up to the car I guess I was fussing and he act like he was getting ready to hit me and my oldest jumped in and said you better not. Then my youngest said I just can't take it anymore. I woke up and started praying.

EOD
Hello Ruth, what comes to me is the conviction of the Holy Spirit on a matter. The expensive may represent the high price paid to walk in a particular mantle or position. In the dream your son stole these expensive clothes, so what comes to me is coveting a mantle or a position of sorts. The red t-shirt he is wearing may represent being inflamed or being consumed by passion/desire/lust to have these “clothes”. The possible reason for his violent behavior at the end is because he is rejecting this conviction or he does not want to face the truth. Sometimes when we are hit with the truth, we have a tendency to lash out or be in denial about it. I am not sure what who your son represents, so I leave that up to you. As usual toss out if not helpful!