The Giant Gorilla and the Kitten

Archived Dreams from 2014
daddygslilgirl

The Giant Gorilla and the Kitten

Post by daddygslilgirl »

I had a long dream but will try to summarize it... I dreamed I was somewhere outside in a large busy city and it was daytime. I was with several other people who I believe was family. I don't remember what we were doing but I remember seeing a miniature baby elephant that was covered with reddish fuzzy hair. He wasn't much bigger than a house cat and was very hungry. I tried to find his mother or some hay but became frustrated having been unsuccessful. Next thing I knew I was outside the same city and it was night. A giant gorilla as huge as King Kong was rampaging the city but he wasn't as destructive as he could've been. People were running to escape him because he seemed fierce. At this time I was with a little 4 yr. old boy who had a kitten. Suddenly the kitten ran away and was grabbed up by the giant gorilla. I became angry because he was poking the kitten in its belly and I thought he was being mean. I yelled at him and told him to give the kitten back but he took off with it, climbing over buildings like King Kong. Next thing I knew the little boy and I were on top of a building and the gorilla was pursuing us. When he got closer to us we were somehow level with his face and realizing there was no escape, so we just stopped and stared at the gorilla. He looked at us angrily with hurt in his eyes and we were shocked that he began to speak AND with great intelligence. He told us how much he hated that people took him wrong and thought of him as a monster and expected him to act like one when he really wasn't. His whole demeanor changed and he became very gentle and kind towards the boy and I. His face even transform from that of a gorilla to a man's and we were no longer afraid of him. He handed the unharmed kitten to the boy. As I watched him I remember seeing how the kitten was actually very calm and comfortable in the gorilla's huge hands.
God is a WOW God!
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Interesting dream.
The gorilla seems to be a person with anger issues, who is controlled by his emotions. Of course many of thiese people have low self esteem. They chase away others, even their loved ones, and they themselves suffer from it.
It may seem very hard for gatting along with them, but Christ died for them too. Is there anything impossible fo God?
I can see that you are helping the weak in this dream. There is a contrast here. Not only the small ones can be weak and in need of help.
I wonder what the 4 year old boy may symbolize. Perhaps the four years is important.
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."(Rome 3,23.)
Starfire
Gold Member

Post by Starfire »

Some level of disception or lack of discernment.
Not trusting what you believe you saw with your own eyes.

Here's a passage that may pertain and a commentary following:

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

We often form a mistaken judgment of characters; but the Lord values only the faith, fear, and love, which are planted in the heart, beyond human discernment. And God does not favour our children according to our fond partiality, but often most honours and blesses those who have been least regarded.
- Matthew Henry

How does it apply to you?
Possibly that something you perceive to be a threat, especially,
to yourself and your (innocent,vulnerable) loved ones is being
allowed for a purpose that is currently beyond your understanding?

You may feel defeated, but perhaps when you look it in the eyes,
(see the wounded soul rather than the behavior)
you'll see it for what it is and the threat will cease?