Bicycle kick (prophetic act?)

Archived Dreams from 2014
mynewsong
Platinum Member

Bicycle kick (prophetic act?)

Post by mynewsong »

Ok, what do you all think of this dream my husband had night before last. Is this a God dream/prophetic in nature?
It feels that way to me, but I cherish your collective wisdom here on the board and wanted your spiritual weigh in

My husband in all the 34 years we've been married has never, no not ever, been able to say he dreams at night. He's has not ever remembered a one.
The Lord woke him up one night 30 years ago with an audible voice to speak to him, .....but that wasn't a dream.

So, It was in the middle of the night when suddenly my husband woke us both up. In his sleep he made this huge lunge and kick. His leg struck the window blinds next to the bed creating a huge crashing sound. After we could catch our breath, (while I prayed in tongues), he says "I was doing a bicycle kick!"

That was it, not really what you would call a regular dream lol!

My husband says prophetic things now and then and he doesn't even know it. I will discern it as a word coming from God and tell him "That's God!"
This is what my husband's acrobatic display in the middle of the night feels like....so unusual. Any thoughts or spiritual insights you feel led to share?

For those who don't follow soccer, a bicycle kick or scissor kick is one of the most praised moves, because it's difficult to perform in play, especially to score a goal doing one. A very dramatic move. Fun and exciting to watch.
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. And whatever you do, do it with kindness and love.
I Cor 16:13-14
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

(chuckle)! I don't know what the meaning is...but I'm guessing that it made him very happy do manage to do one! Maybe he is encouraged in his spirit to be bolder...?

Shalom to you both
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
aj_snow
Gold Member

Post by aj_snow »

No clue on the bicycle kick. But, if you want insight into why your husband doesn't dream but says prophetic things, just read Acts 2:17.

old man (of sin)-->young man-->son of God
dreams----------->visions------->prophecy

The type of experience depends upon where the Spirit falls to in you. I used to worry and wonder why I basically stopped dreaming and have had only a few the last few years. They've been replaced, for me, with visionary experiences. Your husband has prophetic experiences. That's a good thing. That's a great thing, really. You can see the progression in that Acts verse.
mynewsong
Platinum Member

Post by mynewsong »

Thanks for your responses of encouragement. I told my husband maybe this is the " kick" he needed to get moving on writing a book about how The Lord has made great moves in his life! He's been lead to do this but hasn't been able to get the momentum going.
I think the time is now!!
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. And whatever you do, do it with kindness and love.
I Cor 16:13-14
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

mynewsong...I hope he gets on with it...once you start recording and remembering the way God's goodness has touched you the whole thing snowballs...! Set up word doc. and start typing :)

shalom
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3