Horse on the roof / Ox pulling a stagecoach

Archived Dreams from 2015
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Horse on the roof / Ox pulling a stagecoach

Post by Realisticdreamz »

I was at home but it doesn’t look anything like my home in reality. The home was larger and very nice with nice roof architecture (similar to carriage houses). I was walking down on a nice curved open staircase covered with new-like beige carpet (stairs like L Shaped like winder stairs, curved/rounded). A white comforter is laying on the stairs at a resting place, in the middle at the curve. I take note that I only need to pick up a bit which will not take much time, the house is not dirty. I see my son, who lives a thousand miles away, in the house. I felt at home with great domestic peace.

Then I am standing in the kitchen near the window which was apparently on the 2nd floor because I could see a portion of the roof outside of the window which continued sloping upward. I am startled when I see a large beautiful shiny auburn colored horse outside leap onto the roof just outside the window and lay down. I feel no threat from the horse but intrigued.

Then I am outside and a large strong ox, and neither felt any threat from, walks closely by me. Again, now at the standpoint of looking outside the kitchen window I see the ox in the front and many horses pulling a solid stagecoach in the yard. EOD.

The dream was on 5/5/15. Any thoughts or inspiration is appreciated. :)
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
Barb11
Silver Member

Re: Horse on the roof / Ox pulling a stagecoach

Post by Barb11 »

Hi Realisticdreamz

To me, it looks like the Lord has done a beautiful work in your life. He's cleaned you up, and there is just the daily scatterings of life that we all deal with. Very encouraging! I see the white comforter as the Holy Spirit in the place of rest for you. This peace and rest extends to your family/son.

The kitchen, where you prepare and serve others, has a window where you have spiritual vision. This is elevated on the 2nd floor, and the roof slopes upwards, which I see as reflecting your thoughts/thought life/mind. The horse landing on the roof speaks to me of a new anointing for your mind or that will bless your mind. I think auburn is a blend of red and yellow? If so, that speaks to me of wisdom and giftings of God in the area of knowledge, wisdom, perhaps words of knowledge. The horse lying down tells me that these gifts of God are resting on you for the long run!

I believe the ox is Christ walking beside you - he is the Strong Servant, and your looking again through the window of vision shows the ox's presence and many horses pulling the stagecoach. I see that as -usually 4, but could be more, multiple ministries working together to pull a specific public ministry/movement. If it is a play on words - stage (public) coach (teaching), it could be a teaching ministry, and that could be something that your horse is meant for - your giftings. Regardless, it is an entity that does not move on its own at all - totally dependent on the working together of all the power ministries to carry it on.

That's a lot of 5s in that date!! 5=grace, redemption, anointing. 15-reprieve/mercy

That was a very cool dream. I hope you find something in my thoughts that witnesses to you. :D
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Post by Realisticdreamz »

Greetings Barb,

Thank you so much for the beautiful and encouraging reply and for taking the time! I wanted to take time to meditate on the dream and your offering before replying and to share thoughts with yours. I certainly have to deal with daily scatterings of life in these days. :)

When looking at the dream, I could see either good or not so good but I have to agree with much of your wonderfully worded reply. I did pray about work before sleeping that night. I think of the ox as an exceedingly strong animal and symbol of work, beast of burden (but I cannot think of anywhere in the Bible that the Lord is represented as a symbol of an animal). But you are right, the ox is the strong servant! In the Bible, the ox was the most valued possession, held in high esteem and used in farming and work much like we use tractors today. They also tread wheat and corn. And, in the laws of Moses, they were protected and were to enjoy the Sabbath, rest, with its master. And, they were also instruments of sacrifice and offerings.

Deuteronomy 25:4 says “You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain” which is to say, the worker [ox] is worthy to partake of the fruit of the labor while it works. Spiritually speaking, it can be likened being fed while doing work which feeds others. :)

As I contemplated your offerings which in many ways did witness to my spirit, I found so much about the ox in the Bible that I have yet gotten through it all and had not noticed before. The ox represented one of the 4 living creatures before the throne of God. (and the ox was an emblem for the tribe of Ephraim in the Talmud meaning "double fruit". Ephraim, son of Joseph, was named in Genesis 41:52 And the name of the second he called Ephraim: “For God has caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction.”). It is interesting that in Numbers 7, 6 “covered wagons” and 12 oxen were given as offerings to Moses, and God told Moses to accept them for transporting the Tent of Meeting. Moses gave them to the Levites (Gershonites and Merarites) to be used for the Lord’s work under the direction of Aaron.

I think you were right about the number of the horses, I do believe there were 4 horses behind the ox. As for what I can see in the Bible, horses are mostly symbolized as objects of war, movements, or carriers … the stagecoach is also a carrier of people and cargo. I see horses as an animal of strength and beauty as well as a means of transportation. But it was peaceful and laid down. I can see where you get gifting from horses; gift horses. I never thought of coaching like you brought up. And, indeed I do spend plenty of time in the kitchen these days. :)

Your reply certainly helped me to think more outside of the box! I also especially like what you said, “Regardless, it is an entity that does not move on its own at all - totally dependent on the working together of all the power ministries to carry it on.” They were all together working in unity. Even in interpreting dreams, it often takes several people to piece together understanding of dreams. God knows dreams give me Biblical challenges, which I love, to understand dreams. :) Postings like yours causes me to dig deeper and think outside of the box which I wouldn't necessarily have done otherwise which makes them immensely helpful.

Again, thank you very much Barb for your delightful offering, God bless you and your family and the works of your hands!
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
Barb11
Silver Member

Post by Barb11 »

Oh you are so welcome, Annette!! I'm glad it spoke to your heart!! (I thought it was an awesome dream!!)

I found this online - and there are other articles like it about the ox being an aspect of Christ. - really interesting!

The Fathers identified them with the four Gospels, Matthew the lion, Mark the ox, Luke the man, John the eagle: these symbols, thus viewed, express not the personal character of the Evangelists, but the manifold aspect of Christ in relation to the world (four being the number significant of world-wide extension, for example, the four quarters of the world) presented by them severally: the lion expressing royalty, as Matthew gives prominence to this feature of Christ; the ox, laborious endurance, Christ’s prominent characteristic in Mark; man, brotherly sympathy with the whole race of man, Christ’s prominent feature in Luke; the eagle, soaring majesty, prominent in John’s description of Christ as the Divine Word.6

These creatures represent four aspects of Christ Jesus as the Lion, the Ox, the Man, and the Eagle. In all four of these aspects Christ Jesus is supreme Lord. As the lion, the Lord Jesus is the King of kings and Lord of lords. . . . Matthew describes Christ in this aspect. As the ox, Christ is the servant of God, and the servant of men. . . . Mark describes Christ in this respect. As the man, the Lord Jesus is a lover, a friend, a companion, an associate, and a leader. . . . Luke describes Christ in this aspect. As the eagle, the Lord Jesus is God Himself, He is Deity, eternal, all-powerful, . . . His deity is fully described in the Gospel of John. These four aspects of the Savior are revealed again in Ezekiel 10:14; Revelation 4:6+.7

:D