Seriously under fire at the moment

Archived Dreams from 2016
bella
Diamond Member

Seriously under fire at the moment

Post by bella »

Had this dream when I feel asleep after a big day at work. We got massive news (tabled in parliament today) that our organisation is moving back to the way it was 18 months ago. It affects everyone.

DREAM

I was standing on the footpath, across the road from City Hall. On the grounds of City Hall and also across the road to my left were Army people (and I think maybe Police) with guns. I don't know about guns but there was a mix of big rifle type things as well as smaller guns of some sort.

A middle-eastern terrorist had "captured" me and was standing behind me to my left. He had an arm wrapped around me to hold me still, as a hostage. We were facing City Hall. I looked at the Army/Police guy who in my direct line of sight. We looked at each other intensely for a bit, and it was as if he knew what I was thinking. I just very slowly tilted my head to the right (making the terrorist's head more vulnerable) and closed my eyes, so that they could shoot the terrorist in the head. Done. (The average police officer wouldn't be able to make that shot - would have to be a sharp shooter - so clearly I had confidence in their ability).

Next scene

I'm back at my work building. Myself and some others are walking out the front of the building. We're safe. Someone comes to us and says that I was the target of a sniper because of the location where I'd walked as I left the building, but nothing happened. We are still in danger, so we go and wait it out in a cafe across the road at the transit centre.

A Police Inspector that I know who had recent weapons training and who is a trained negotiator (as in negotiating with people planning to jump off a building etc) is with us. She has a large weapon with an end that looks like a rocket. Something happens where she's activated and needs to leave us but she leaves this weapon and places it on the table in front of us. My colleague who is ex-police takes her weapon and holds it.

We're in this cafe but somehow, we become in danger at this cafe as well. I recall running and hiding. I recall the scenes merge and the library from work is now located next to this cafe across the road (only in dreams) and I'm running and hiding in the library from these terrorists.

At some point while I'm in this cafe/library area, I see footage running of others who've been capture (not sure if locally or overseas) who are being tortured and the torture was graphic. I remember one man was standing but there was a large box in front of him, like gallows, and his head and upper part of his body is locked in this box and they set him on fire. Burning him alive but just one part of his body, to make it slower and more horrific.

END OF DREAM

It's quite likely that these "terrorists" are actually an extreme representation of the senior decision-makers at work, rather than actual terrorists.

IRL in my work, we are in danger as we walk out of our building. A civilian was gunned down leaving the same type of building in the next state, recently, by muslim extremists. So it kind of sits in the back of your mind, though there's no actual fear attached.

The Inspector I mentioned, appears in my dream, because when I think of her, I think of a calm (she used to scare people with her calmness) and we had a funny conversation once about my office (she used to make jokes about how awful it was in my office) where she asked me how it was going and I said I could use her negotiator skills to deal with the drama and said "maybe you need to bring your gun". It was a funny, ironic conversation, but it sticks in my mind when I think of her. A grandma that people are afraid of.