Repost: rescued a bird

Archived Dreams from 2016
Victorious
Gold Member

Repost: rescued a bird

Post by Victorious »

I was looking through my archives to see if there was anything to warn me of my prodigal son's path that I overlooked or misinterpreted. This dream stands out. when I posted this dream, my son had moved out. A year or so later, he moved to San Fransisco, and now he says he's an atheist woman.

rescued a bird
PostMon Feb 21, 2011 7:50 am

I was in a vehicle at night, heading north on a local highway. My young adult son was driving. I think we were in a white pick-up truck, but not certain. There was a beautiful, dark blue bird on the windshield. I believe there was also a small stuffed animal (about the same size as the bird) attached to the windshield.
My son left the car, and I got in the driver’s seat. I saw that the bird’s wing was caught in the windshield wiper, and I got out of the car to carefully move the bird’s wing; I then lay the bird in the passenger seat and drove home, with the bird sleeping the entire time.
Then I was home, and it was daytime. The doorbell rang, and it was my son and his ex-girlfriend J, obviously back together and very happy. My 8yo daughter asked J who she was, and J told her name & we laughed because my daughter should know who she was. (Seeking confirmation on this part - I believe I know the meaning.)
J asked me how she got there, and I told her my son had left with her wing stuck, and I loosened it and took her home. So the bird represented J, apparently.
I woke up “hearing" the song “You never let go” by Matt Redman.
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me
Carterman
Gold Member

Re: Repost: rescued a bird

Post by Carterman »

if J means Jennifer then the son getting back with her is good and symbolises a cleansing. that's because Jennifer means white wave (cleansing of Holy Spirit). not convinced the dream is about ur literal son tho since the people in dreams arent usually literal. dream then means its about u. the son is an extension and offshoot of u as parent. the blue bird is like depression spirit (blue bird).
Doorbell means arrival and announcement of something to happen in the future (frotn door), can mean also a coming spiritual message (blue bird)
i think maybe u got caught at that time in sadness while trying to figure out what was going on (window wipers are used to get clarity to go forward, bird got stuck).
dream could have two interpretations layered tho
Victorious
Gold Member

Re: Repost: rescued a bird

Post by Victorious »

Interesting. Her name was Jenna, so I'm assuming same meaning as Jennifer. Thanks.