Praying for America

Archived Dreams from 2016
Starfire
Gold Member

Praying for America

Post by Starfire »

Take this as you choose.
Last night I was praying for this country. Asking the Lord to bring her back - to bring about HIS WILL, hopefully revival
- to not allow her to continue on this path of destruction.....asking for the sake of HIS believers that dwell here ....
And then I heard in my spirit, "If the church will not stand up for Me, My Word, and My Will on earth, is it My church?
Time is short, the outcome of America is in the church. "
Take it as you will.
bella
Diamond Member

Re: Praying for America

Post by bella »

Well, for me, I can't speak to what you heard specifically, but in all things we "hear", we need to weigh it against scripture.

A couple of things come to mind immediately. If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14). For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. (1Peter 3:12). I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. (1Timothy 2:1-4).
Starfire
Gold Member

Re: Praying for America

Post by Starfire »

My prayer was along the lines of Abraham in Genesis 18 praying for Sodom.
"Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked?? if there are 50 righteous....etc...will you spare the city.?"
It was not unbiblical.
Yes, we have to pray for all people, but we also need to stand against evil - against that which the Lord has declared
unholy behavior; the churches have to set the pace and example. I later realized that it was not the church that stood up against the Christian genocide that we won't even call the #1 enemy. They were silent and/or ineffective. Where is the uproar that only THREE OF THE PEOPLE/refugees we've taken in were the Christians, even though they are being completely wiped OUT and their nations destroyed along with evidence of the early Church? No, it was congress who took that stand (surprisingly).
Our number one enemy is NOT climate change; our # 1 enemy is evil in the human heart- the evil that is being dismissed or worse, celebrated. My heart grieves deeply for this nation. Of *course* we pray for those who don't or refuse to believe, but just as serious are those who think they are saved, but walk the way of the world. When Jesus does indeed come, he said he'd respond that, "I never knew you." No sadder words appear in all of scripture in my opinion.

Thanks for your perspective. It's always interesting