Ants Ants Ants

Archived Dreams from 2016
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Ants Ants Ants

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

Hello all! It's good to be back on the board. Haven't checked in, in quite a while! This dream that I had featured ants and I've been wondering what it could possibly mean. Ants can be symbolic of a number of things but I'm not so sure what they mean here.

In the dream I noticed my picture was on the floor. It was in a picture frame. The street that I was on was my old house where I lived for a good portion of my childhood. I saw a friend (his name is Thomas) and he was an ant. All of a sudden his lone ant turns into hundreds of ant and the ants pile up on the picture frame that had my picture in it. In the dream I was standing watching as these ants piled up on the frame. I thought to myself (what on earth is he doing?) The picture was practically buried underneath the ants. Later in the dream, I saw two of my childhood friends and one points out an ant to me on the wall and tells me that it is Thomas. I said to her, nah that can't be him. IRL, I've been trying to figure out if Thomas is a genuine/good person. Do you think the ants are good or bad here?

Have a blessed Sunday!
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
sigmon2
Diamond Member

Re: Ants Ants Ants

Post by sigmon2 »

Hi,
In my ant dreams long time back, the ants acted like the unending continual passage of time. They were, are and will be till all is destroyed. I had special and normal ants.
So as to your ant, is it possible the same implies?, he is a normal everyday ant and always there whether lost in a crowd or all alone being very small on a big wall?
Just a thought
Thanks for considering
Scott
Waiting on the Lord in a Hurry
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Hey sigmon

Thanks for your help and that expression "Til all is destroyed."
I couldn't tell whether the ants were of a destructive nature but it is possible so. The whole picture frame got completely covered by the ants.
Why would a lone ant turn into hundreds of ants? Possibly trying to be a destructive force, so I am glad you mentioned this! Ants can be thought of as pests if they wreak havoc in a home.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi AWH,
Ants are very good at working together. If you see a lone ant, you know that somewhere there are millions of others that he belongs to.

To me, they mean both being industrious and being a pest. Normal ants don't bother me, but for a few years, in my area, we had ant plagues and they weren't common ordinary garden variety ants. They were SO irritating.

I had a series dream that revolved around a plague problem. The ants were getting into the house though the air conditioner which is directly above my bed. The would crawl in, then drop down on my pillow. They would be all through my bed and would quite often bite me.

The morning when I had this strange series of dreams, I would wake, find an an on my pillow, flick it away, go back to sleep and have a dream snippet about a particular person. Wake up, flick away an ant, fall back to sleep and have another dream about this same person. This happened over and over, and at first i couldn't work out what was going on, but I realised that the person i dreamed about was like an irritating ant, and each dream was showing me an aspect of those irritants operating in that person.

I had a few thoughts on the symbols. The picture is an IMAGE of yourself that is framed. When we frame something metaphorically it's how we think about ourself, how we undergird our belief system or how we choose to present ourselves to others.

Thomas can be literal, symbolic of his personality, or his name meaning (twin - dual personality perhaps) or the Bible description of a doubter.

How much did your childhood friends stand out in the dream? Did you trust them?

I used to know someone and for over ten years I was trying to work them out. Probably something along the same lines as you ... were they a good person? I was thinking in terms of would I want to be married to them. It took me a very long time, but eventually I realised that if it was taking me THAT long to work it out, then clearly I was picking up something that was telling me that on the surface they may appear good, but there's something hidden that's disturbing me. Otherwise, you either receive the person or reject them don't you?
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Hi Bella,

Wow!! Thank you so much for your wonderful thoughts about my dream. It's interesting that you mention plague and irritating, all words that speak to my spirit with regards to the buildup of ants. I feel that it is irritating or 'pesty' for them to build up on my photo in such a manner. Invade also speaks to me! About his name meaning twin, I had no idea that is what his name means. Yes I do believe he may indeed have a dual nature of some sort. On the surface, he seems like a really nice person but I'm not sure because I don't know him well enough. The friends in the dream were actually doing something bad. They were smoking marijuana and I said to them "y'all need deliverance." That's when one of them pointed out Thomas on the wall as an ant. Maybe he's hiding something ...and that's why he appeared as an ant in this dream. Like his "dual hidden nature" or something.

Thanks again for your help! Have a lovely day Bella!