Son's Dream: Giant heals my hands

Archived Dreams from 2016
connie
Diamond Member

Son's Dream: Giant heals my hands

Post by connie »

Blessings in the Name of the Lord,

My 26 year-old son and I are seeking holy spirit insight, clarity and keen discernment and/or confirmation for his following dream.

I saw a giant very old man sitting in a rocking chair, rocking back and forth, inside a small blue room. He was mostly bald on top, had wisps of white hair combed over his bald top, like from right to left. I got a pervert vibe from him for a few seconds when I stood in the doorway looking at him. I didn’t feel like he was going to molest me or make a move on me. I sensed/knew he was there to heal my hands and I stepped into the room & the pervert vibe left. I was like a child next to him; my head came to the top of the arm rest on his chair.

I sat down cross-legged on the floor, next to a built-in bookcase beside his right side and within reach of his arm span- easily 7 to 10 feet away. I reached up as high as I could & put my left hand, palm down, on the bookcase. He took a container and started to pour clear oil over my left hand. It didn’t flow over and down my hand: it built up, piled up, on top of my hand, then it flowed around each of my fingers and wrist encompassing my hand like a glove. Then the oil got thick like gelatin around my hand. I don’t remember if he poured oil on my other hand. Me and the old man were wearing modern clothes- jeans and t-shirts.

I stepped outside the room and the world outside the room seemed to be like very ancient times- hundreds of years ago. I knew I was going to war. I looked down and saw I was wearing a white robe that hung down in a V-shape from my waist to my feet. I had silver armor on my chest and shoulders & a sword. End

Thank you in advance,
ValleyAnt

Re: Son's Dream: Giant heals my hands

Post by ValleyAnt »

Hi, Connie. I don't have an interpretation for your dream, but maybe I can help you find one for yourself by answering these questions (and more that the Lord may bring to mind). One of the things I've learned is that we sometimes can hear God more easily if we ask more questions. Jesus said, "Ask [and keep asking], and you will receive." Of course, He didn't mean just asking questions but asking in general; however, I believe that since we are usually not 100% in the Spirit and therefore not hearing perfectly from God, He already has given us something that can help guide us in hearing Him which is our reasoning capacity or abilities.

Elihu said to Job, "God may speak in one way, or in another, yet man does not perceive it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls upon men, while slumbering on their beds, then He opens the ears of men, and seals their instruction" (Job 33:14-116). God speaks in different ways; hearing or understanding is left up to us. Often, He speaks in dreams because while we're awake, we're not listening. Elihu sort of covers all that above. Paul said, "Consider what I say, and the Lord will give you understanding in all things" (2Tim. 2:7). The more we consider (which is really inquiring or 'asking' in our spirits), the more likely we will hear what God is already speaking or hear Him when He speaks. Here are some questions to consider about the dream (and hopefully, you will have more questions to ask/consider as you read and answer these questions):

1. Was the dream yours or your son's?

2. Why are both of you seeking it an interpretation (ie. does the dream seem significant)?

3. Why did you get the vibe that this old man was a pervert?

4. What other emotions or feelings did you have about this old man?

5. Do your hands need to be healed of something in real life?

6. What were you going to war to fight?

The only thing that stands out to me in this dream is the term "old man". This passage may refer to that "old man" in your dream with the perversion vibe you sensed as well as the armor that was only on your shoulders and chest (the breastplate of righteousness), but it's for you to know:

"You have not so learned Christ, if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness" (Eph. 4:20-24).

This may help you to see if the dream has meaning and what it means.
"The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a delightful inheritance" (Ps. 16:6).
connie
Diamond Member

Post by connie »

Dear Valley Ant,

Thank you for responding and for your counsel. You have heard the Lord correctly with the reference to ‘Ask and keep on asking” because that's exactly what I did. After posting this dream and before reading your post, I did go to my son and asked more questions about his dream.

My son clarified that when he stood in the doorway, he felt a pervert ‘vibe’ BUT it was not coming from the old man. It was in the ‘air’, in the doorway. He ignored that ‘vibe’ and it left once he stepped forward into the room. Once my son was succinct about where that ‘vibe’ was, it changes the message entirely and the spiritual atmosphere.

To answer some of your questions: The Lord has blessed me with a gift of dream interpretation. And therefore my son told me his dream. I had ‘bits’ of revelation however was troubled by that ‘pervert vibe’ as it distorted what I was hearing.

I posted his dream here for a number of reasons. 1. I was ‘hitting a wall’, with being too close and thus struggling a little with subjectivity. 2. I sensed the spirit of prophesy/revelations in this dream and so does he, therefore it is extremely important to both of us that we ‘hear’ and act upon the Lord’s message. We pray together and seek the Lord together. 3. This site is a house of prayer and the prophetic and I can draw upon the anointing herein. :D

Regarding the ‘old man’- I think my son’s word choice skewed the understanding. I originally thought of Ephesians as you did. However, my spirit didn’t feel settled with that avenue of prayerful pondering. I sense the giant, old man, is the Spirit of the Lord … and the prophet Elisha came to mind as well (balding head).

No, my son doesn’t need a physical healing in his hands. This is a spiritual matter.

I will print off your post and give it to my son for his prayerful consideration.

Again, thank you so much for responding. We will be praying for you.

In His Love,

Connie and Chad
ValleyAnt

Post by ValleyAnt »

I don't sense that it's a dream from the Lord, but it is up to you (and others on here who wish) to get an interpretation. God bless.
"The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a delightful inheritance" (Ps. 16:6).