a fire that won't go out and a droopy sunflower made of fles

Archives for 2008
thewritingmommy
Gold Member

a fire that won't go out and a droopy sunflower made of fles

Post by thewritingmommy »

Just two “mini-dreams” last night, but they won’t stop till I write them down.

First one is only this- I woke knowing that no matter what I did I couldn’t put out the fire. that was either all of the dream or all i needed to remember.

Second was simply me holding a sun flower whose stalk was made of flesh and it had a face. The flower was bent over. I could get it to perk up and stand straight for a moment, then it would droop again.

my body is worn out as if i have ran a marathon all night long but i can't go back to sleep. how can two such tiny dreams make one so tired?
TheWritingMommy
RebMel
Bronze Member

Post by RebMel »

The fire, I think, is the Spirit of God. It will not go out. You can quit worrying about 'accidently' extinguishing His presence in your life. No matter what you do, He will be there.

The sunflower with the stalk made of flesh, it is your flesh. You are weary and droopy.

Combined, I get that the flesh is weak, but the Spirit is storng.

Maybe you need some rest? Maybe God is trying to tell you that taking a breather and 'fainting' are two different things. If you deprive yourself of one, it may lead to the other. He's not going anywhere if you take a haitus and find time to get recharged (so your sunflower face will be perky again :lol: )
thewritingmommy
Gold Member

oh thank you

Post by thewritingmommy »

RebMel wrote:The fire, I think, is the Spirit of God. It will not go out. You can quit worrying about 'accidently' extinguishing His presence in your life. No matter what you do, He will be there.

The sunflower with the stalk made of flesh, it is your flesh. You are weary and droopy.

Combined, I get that the flesh is weak, but the Spirit is storng.

Maybe you need some rest? Maybe God is trying to tell you that taking a breather and 'fainting' are two different things. If you deprive yourself of one, it may lead to the other. He's not going anywhere if you take a haitus and find time to get recharged (so your sunflower face will be perky again :lol: )

i cna't tell you how much that interpretation means to me. yesterday i had a conversation with a friend who sharpens me and was telling her that i feel so guility for "fainting" instead of charging ahead. i have been weary and worn out of late and feel so guilty for it. this is a sort of confirmation from my precious Lord that i can rest. thank you. thank you for sharing with me. andora, thewritingmommy
TheWritingMommy
RebMel
Bronze Member

Post by RebMel »

Thank you, Lord, for the interpretation. :D

In His Name.