Tornados

Archives for 2008
liveoutloudster
Gold Member

Tornados

Post by liveoutloudster »

The night before last I had this dream.

My husband and I had been camping on his grandparents' property outside of town (they own a farm about two hours out), and while we were there, a large number (maybe 30-40) tornados started to form (please note, we very RARELY get one funnel cloud in our area, let alone this many). Anyways, no one in the community had a basement; no one was prepared for the fury of the tornados, but there was an evacuation plane. There was room for everyone from the farming community on it, but my husband and I were the only ones that got on. Consequently, my husband and I sat in the cockpit of the plane with the pilot. Once in flight the plane got sucked into one of the tornados, and as we spun aroound, my husband and I prayed, and the plane regained control and flew out of the tornado to an adjacent farming town. In this town we hopped aboard a city bus and knew we were going home.

Any interpretations would be most appreciated! Thanks!
liveoutloudster
Gold Member

Bumping. . .
Yolanda
Diamond Member

Post by Yolanda »

Shalom! A few initial thoughts: tornadoes speak of trials/tough times to me... some indication of spiritual warfare... out of the blue there were lots of them... maybe a situation coming up that will have an impact on your community or church body? (I wonder if the community represents the church.) No one was prepared for the tornadoes, yet a means of escape was available. (Reminds me of the verse from Corinthians: 13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.)

You and hubby were in the cockpit; the place of control, with the pilot... despite the turmoil, you were covering everyone in prayer and the crisis subsided. Is there a ministry call for you and your husband? Planes sometimes represent ministry...
as well as city buses...

Please toss all that does not fit... love you!!!
Yolanda
Yolanda 8)
Psalm 150:6 - Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!
liveoutloudster
Gold Member

Yolanda! Thank you SO much for your reply!! I think you're probably right about the spiritual warfare. . . things have been nuts for us ever since we got married. Trial after trial have brought us to our knees, and as much as the trials suck I think they've been good for us spiritually--we're in the habit of praying every night as a couple.

I think our city is heading for a shakedown of some sort, but I don't really know what it will look like.

And I do think God is calling us to do ministry, but I have no idea what. We're just having a hard time finding a place in our church post-marriage. I have a personal passion for homeless people, but during the summer I felt God calling me away from the shelter I've been involved with for a long time.

Anyways, thank you sooo much for replying! Much love!