Odd dream

Archives for 2010
RevK
Diamond Member

Odd dream

Post by RevK »

Dream:

I was living in my parents home (I am quite grown now), and went outside to take a walk. I ended up in a motel room and considered staying the night. When I got my room the maid was making up my bed, and she kept insisting how nice her housework was as she folded down the bed for me. When I went into the bathroom, it was a disaster area. Clothes all over, the bathtub and sink overflowing with dirty water, nothing had been scrubbed, old perfume bottles laying in a heap. I told the manager to come and look and they made the comment it looked like an old dorm room. I did not stay the night and asked for half of my money back?

Can anyone help?
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

Post by Jewels-inhisheart »

Rev.
Just to pray about.
Your parents home could be a symbol of Gods protection and u walking away to ' sleep in a hotel"may mean temptation to see and experience the world. IN it the world " representing ' the maid i s boasting how well u are being taken care of,,, all your needs met,,until u look behind the scenes and see the mess the world is in and what u can subject yourself to if u let yourself listen to the lies and pulls this world has to offer.
Its just what came to me. If it doesn't feel right,,, shelf it or put it in the dumpster..
RevK
Diamond Member

Post by RevK »

I haven't really had time to think about the dream, but your answer really speaks to me. I don't want anything of this world, I really don't want to be tempted away from my Lord...That puts a weep in my spirit, but Thank you anyway, this is the way a prophet works, Thank you so much!
Jewels-inhisheart
Diamond Member

Post by Jewels-inhisheart »

Rev.
I'm not prophet and always pray and seek God to a dream interp. This is a interpretation possibility and if its correct it just may be a encouraging admonition to stay true to The Lord. Sometimes even strong Christians can be lured away if only 'over night: to the pleasures and curiosity of and in the world. It may and i say MAY be just be a warning to something that may appeal and tempt u in the future and God telling u whats really behind the scenes of what the pleasures and " freedom' the world has to off,,mess chaos,,, and adolescent mayhem...
If this a correct interp and it fits In a way its a encouragement that staying with " dad" is the best place to be!
ditte3
Diamond Member

Post by ditte3 »

Hi.:)
I also think your parents' house means God's protection and taking care of us and fulfill our needs.Your dream reminds me a little of the prodigal son's parabole.When we go on our own ways,perhaps for a while it seems wonderful,but in the end we realize,it's all rubbish without the Lord
Thank you for sharing your dream.We can all learn from this.
God bless you.:)