Benches

Archives for 2010
harmonyz
Bronze Member

Benches

Post by harmonyz »

Does anybody know what benches represent? Ive been seeing lots of benches in visions

1. Benches piled up on one another

2. Benches thrown across the church (inside)

3. Turned over benches

4. Falling benches just missing people by inches
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Harmonyz,

These are some definitions for "bench"
I really do believe the complete context of the vision would have to be prayed over of course.

1.a long seat for several persons: a bench in the park.
2. a seat occupied by an official, esp. a judge.
3. such a seat as a symbol of the office and dignity of an individual judge or the judiciary.
4. the office or dignity of various other officials, or the officials themselves.
5. Sports. a. the seat on which the players of a team sit during a game while not playing.
b. thequality and number of the players of a team who are usually used as substitutes: A weak bench hurt their chances for the championship.

What came to my mind personally, is relationship with others, mainly because a bench can seat more than one person, except in the case of a Judges Bench.

A Judges Bench would be fitting if there were judgements getting thrown around..piling up and making a mess.

Just some thoughts,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

...a number of your bench scenarios seemed to be in church...have you considered that the bench may signify people "on the bench"...in sport if you are on the bench you may not be playing the game but you are expected to be prepared to at any point.

If benches are piled up toppled etc they are no longer in use...ie noone can sit on them and thus there can be no-one on the bench but instead all must be "in the game" figuratively speaking.

As piano has already mentioned it would depend on the context...the term "bench mark" comes to mind...it can mean a reference point...

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Lillian
Diamond Member

Post by Lillian »

I was thinking the same thing Charlie mentioned.

It's time to get up and go!

I'm reminded of Jesus turning over the tables in the synagogue, upset that the people were selling things there.

That's the feeling I have been having of late, LET'S GO!!!!!!
He's not a baby in a manger anymore! He's not a broken man on a cross! He didn't stay in the grave and He's not staying in heaven forever!.....He's alive!....People get ready Jesus is coming!
harmonyz
Bronze Member

Post by harmonyz »

Hi Piano, Charlie & Lilian :D

Thank you for your quick respone. My spirit does bare witness with you all of you, that these benches do represent benches in the church, team players, relationship with others & judgement. In my visions many of the members were sitting on the benches when it toppled over or nearly hitting them.

The Lord was showing me that all was not right in the church i was visiting and there would be a split. This did eventually happened and the church split into 3 churches. The Lord showed me that the church was under Judgement because it was not in line with scriptures (concerning mariage & divorce). That is why the members left a set up new churches.

In one of the visions i had, a old man threw a bench a cross the church. Thank you Lilian for reminding me about when Jesus over turned the tables and seats in the synagoge. (cleansing of the temple john 2: 14-16)

Jesus became angry, but he did not sin. There is a place for righteous indignation. Christians are right to be up set about sin & injustice & should take a stand against it. But did the Lord tell the members to set up new churches :?:

Gods blessings to you all always