parents married in Laodicea

Archives for 2013
thesharpeningstone
Platinum Member

parents married in Laodicea

Post by thesharpeningstone »

Last night in a dream I learned that my parents were married in Laodicea.

IRL this is not true. What does the church of Laodicea have to do with marriage?
SpecialK
Diamond Member

Post by SpecialK »

I did some research on Laodicea.

Revelation 3:14-20 (KJ21)

14 “And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write: ‘These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God:

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot; I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of My mouth.

17 Because thou sayest, “I am rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing,” and knowest not that thou art wretched and miserable, and poor and blind and naked,

18 I counsel thee to buy from Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich, and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed and that the shame of thy nakedness may not appear, and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear My voice and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.

It is thought that the Laodiceans were being criticized for their neutrality or lack of zeal (hence "lukewarm"). Based on this understanding, the pejorative term Laodicean is used in the English language to refer to those neutral or indifferent in matters of faith.

In discovering this, do you have any parts (spiritually) that could be considered lukewarm? Hope this helps, SpecialK
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Laodacia is the place where.hot waters meet with cold.waters.from memory. A river system or springs. the hot water was useful for.one thing and.the cold.water for.another but when they met in laodacia the waters became useless.

May need.to.check.those facts. am remembering from a.sermon and.not.remembering it well.
Grace
Diamond Member

Post by Grace »

The church is the bride of Christ. So this dream may relate to the Church you are part of, or predominate in the nation where you live. The Luke warm church is one that may have Biblical knowledge but has lost that real love for Jesus.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."Deut 31:6