Spider on my front porch

Archives for 2009
Yolanda
Diamond Member

Spider on my front porch

Post by Yolanda »

Shalom... I bet you are thinking, not another spider dream! lol
Me too... haven't had one for a while!

In this dream I was doing some kind of work around the door of my front porch (like home improvement). I looked down and saw a spider right in front of the doorway that I knew was dead. It was lying on its back and was about the size of one's hand. It was not fully curled up and was still plump like it was living. It was oddly-colored - a swirl of jade green and an amber color. I kept working, but I became increasingly uncomfortable with the fact that it was there. I was not afraid, but it was more like I just did not want to have to look at it. (I was working on the right side of the door and it was lying on the left side.)

My mom was out on the porch with me, and when she walked up to me I asked her if she would mind moving it so that I would not have to look at it. (In the dream I knew she was not afraid of them.) She walked up to it and grabbed it in her hand and started walking quickly toward me. I knew that she was going to try and "help" me get over my "phobia" of spiders. I was yelling "No" and trying to get her not to put it on or near me. I tried to get away from her but she came up on my left side. I thought that she was going to shove it in my face and just make me touch or look at it and I prepared myself to do so. I figured I could handle that - after all, it was dead. However... she said something to me and then SMASHED IT INTO THE LEFT SIDE OF MY FACE UNTIL IT SQUISHED. (YUCK!) As soon as it squished I bolted awake thinking, "OH no she didn't!" I felt so disgusted!

After I woke up, I was just lying in bed thinking of how TIRED of this I am - the battling in my mind and dreams... if any of you can offer additional insight into this one, I would appreciate it, especially the mom part. I do know it is not representing my IRL mom, praise God! :D But this is only one of many dreams where someone takes a spider and puts it on me, despite my cries for it to stop.

Some of the spider dreams have been warnings and some have been the product of a source other than God... :oops: not sure about this one... (Just being honest)

Shalom!
Yolanda 8)
Psalm 150:6 - Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!