Llama

Archives for 2010
BornAgain
Silver Member

Llama

Post by BornAgain »

Any one have an idea of what dreaming of a llama could represent?

A Llama is in the 'camel' family isn't it?
Joshua 1:9
Lillian
Diamond Member

Post by Lillian »

Interesting......llama in spanish means he/she calls.
He's not a baby in a manger anymore! He's not a broken man on a cross! He didn't stay in the grave and He's not staying in heaven forever!.....He's alive!....People get ready Jesus is coming!
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Here is a little information I found out about llamas- (not to be confused with Lama) from wikipedia (Not sure if it helps)

The llama (Lama glama) is a South American camelid, widely used as a pack and meat animal by Andean cultures since pre-hispanic times. In popular culture llamas are mostly associated with the Incans.

Also here is some information I found on wikipedia about Lama:

Lama (Tibetan: བླ་མ་; Wylie: bla-ma) is a title for a Tibetan teacher of the Dharma. The name is similar to the Sanskrit term guru (see Tibetan Buddhism and Bön). The title can be used as an honorific title conferred on a monk, nun or (in the Nyingma, Kagyu and Sakya schools) advanced tantric practitioner to designate a level of spiritual attainment and authority to teach, or may be part of a title such as Dalai Lama or Panchen Lama applied to a lineage of reincarnate lamas (Tulkus).

Perhaps due to misunderstandings by early western scholars attempting to understand Tibetan Buddhism, the term Lama has historically been erroneously applied to Tibetan monks generally. Similarly, Tibetan Buddhism was referred to as Lamaism by early western scholars and travelers who did not understand that what they were witnessing was a form of Buddhism; they may also have been unaware of the distinction between Tibetan Buddhism and Bön. The term Lamaism is now considered derogatory.[1]

In the Vajrayana practice path of Tibetan Buddhism, the lama is often the tantric spiritual guide, the guru to the aspiring Buddhist yogi or yogini. As such, the lama will then appear as one of the Three Roots (a variant of the Three Jewels), alongside the yidam and protector (who may be a dakini, dharmapala or other Buddhist deity figure).

Please toss if it doesn't fit!
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
BornAgain
Silver Member

Post by BornAgain »

I posted the dream in Dreams and Visions............please go there to read it.
Thank you
Joshua 1:9
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

llama
1600, from Sp. llama (1535), from Quechua (Peru) llama, which the Sp. translated as "sheep."
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

Ha! I used to work with llamas! On a llama farm for about 2 years and so I know much about them and their habits (and yes, related to camels).

Let me go read your actual dream....

Llama means"name" also.... (as in, Como se llama? in Spanish).
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I still need to read your actual dream and in content, etc., but llamas act as "guard animals", often used to protect herds of sheep.... like a real-life bodyguard, quite sincerely. They also are quite sensitive and can discern danger/possible predators and will let out a reallllly weird call known as an "alarm" cry or sound....I have heard it only once and man, was it something to hear! I cant imitate it but freaky stuff! It served as a warning to the rest of the animals that danger was imminent and to seek cover/hide...

God actually used the llamas and this alarm cry to let ME know my own call! (A Jeremiah-like prophet although I do not operate in that calling -- yet).

INteresting stuff.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5