The moon in dream

Archives for 2007
Bat Yah
Bronze Member

The moon in dream

Post by Bat Yah »

Biblical Dream Symbols

Genesis; 1:16
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day (Sun=Christ), and the lesser light to rule the night (Moon= Church); He made the the stars also.

~morningglory
http://tehillahdreams.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=115
Shalom everyone :)

Can anyone help me with how the moon represents the church or as some believe that the moon can represent Adonai?

The moon it's self has no light, is that not correct? :?

Thank you for your help :)

In Messiah Yahshua,
Bat Yah
Praised are You, Yahweh our God, King of the universe, Who gives the Torah of truth and the Good News of Salvation to His people Isra'el and to all peoples through His son Yahshua the Messiah, our Adonai.
talitha

Post by talitha »

BatYah,

I think the moon could possibly represent the church sometimes because it reflects the light of the sun, as the church reflects the Light of the Son.

in a song by Salvador:
Lord, let me shine
Shine like the moon
A reflection of You
That's all I wanna do....

blessings
tal
gloryhis
Platinum Member

Post by gloryhis »

Hi BatYa, I personally don't think the moon can represent Jesus for the reasons you mentioned, concerning the purposes of the sun and moon, (lights day and night) and also because the scriptures say that in him is no shadow of turning or variableness. He is pure light and the true light.

In Jesus love,
gloryhis
Jesus Is Lord!
Bat Yah
Bronze Member

Post by Bat Yah »

talitha wrote:BatYah,

I think the moon could possibly represent the church sometimes because it reflects the light of the sun, as the church reflects the Light of the Son.

in a song by Salvador:
Lord, let me shine
Shine like the moon
A reflection of You
That's all I wanna do....

blessings
tal
gloryhis wrote:Hi BatYa, I personally don't think the moon can represent Jesus for the reasons you mentioned, concerning the purposes of the sun and moon, (lights day and night) and also because the scriptures say that in him is no shadow of turning or variableness. He is pure light and the true light.

In Jesus love,
gloryhis
Shalom Tal and GloryHis Image

THANK you, both replies are very helpful :)

May Yahweh continue to pour out His wisdom upon you and wrap you in His perfect shalom!

LOVE in Messiah,
Bat Yah

P.S.

i LOVE the avatars y'all chose :)
Praised are You, Yahweh our God, King of the universe, Who gives the Torah of truth and the Good News of Salvation to His people Isra'el and to all peoples through His son Yahshua the Messiah, our Adonai.
moonglow
Silver Member

Post by moonglow »

to consider...
Psalm 89
35 Once I have sworn by My holiness;
I will not lie to David:
36 His seed shall endure forever,
And his throne as the sun before Me;
37 It shall be established forever like the moon,
Even like the faithful witness in the sky.”

From Adam Clark bible commentary:
Verse 35. Once have I sworn
I have made one determination on this head, and have bound myself by my holiness; it is impossible that I should change, and there needs no second oath, the one already made is of endless obligation.

Verse 36. His throne as the sun
Splendid and glorious! dispensing light, heat, life, and salvation to all mankind.

Verse 37. As the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven.
That is, as long as the sun and moon shall endure, as long as time shall last, his kingdom shall last among men. The moon appears to be termed a faithful witness here, because by her particularly time is measured. Her decrease and increase are especially observed by every nation, and by these time is generally estimated, especially among the eastern nations. So many moons is a man old; so many moons since such an event happened; and even their years are reckoned by lunations. This is the case with the Mohammedans to the present day. Or the rainbow may be intended; that sign which God has established in the cloud; that faithful witness of his that the earth shall no more be destroyed by water. As long therefore as the sun, the moon, and the rainbow appear in the heavens, so long shall the spiritual David reign, and his seed prosper and increase.

Revelation 12

1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars.

Verse 1. There appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun
That the woman here represents the true Church of Christ most commentators are agreed. In other parts of the Apocalypse, the pure Church of Christ is evidently portrayed by a woman. In Revelation 19:7, a great multitude are represented as saying, "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him; for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his WIFE hath made herself ready." In Revelation 21:9, an angel talks with St. John, saying, "Come hither, I will show thee the BRIDE, the Lamb's wife." That the Christian Church is meant will appear also from her being clothed with the sun, a striking emblem of Jesus Christ, the Sun of righteousness, the light and glory of the Church; for the countenance of the Son of God is as the sun shineth in his strength. The woman has:-

The moon under her feet.
Bishop Newton understands this of the Jewish typical worship and indeed the Mosaic system of rites and ceremonies could not have been better represented, for it was the shadow of good things to come.

The moon is the less light, ruling over the night, and deriving all its illumination from the sun; in like manner the Jewish dispensation was the bright moonlight night of the world, and possessed a portion of the glorious light of the Gospel. At the rising of the sun the night is ended, and the lunar light no longer necessary, as the sun which enlightens her shines full upon the earth; exactly in the same way has the whole Jewish system of types and shadows has been superseded by the birth, life, crucifixion, death, resurrection, ascension, and intercession of Jesus Christ. Upon the head of the woman is:-

When I said the Lord was in the moon, I meant Christ...I should have made that clearer, I am sorry.

Eventually we will have neither the sun nor the moon:

Revelation 21:23
The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.

There is more I could post on this subject but I need to go...hope this helps and thanks for taking an interest in this topic. :)

God bless
moonglow
Silver Member

Post by moonglow »

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, been in alot of pain with my neck and head...makes me feel horrible.

Anyway the other day a JW came by and her and I got into a discussion on whether Jesus was God or not...the JW believe Jesus is not God, that God the Father created Him. For every scripture I gave her though, her bible changed some wording in it...the bible JW is exclusive to their church to 'fit' their beliefs...:( She didn't seem to know that though, thought it was just written in an easier to understand way, like some other bibles are...so trying to prove the diety of Christ is nearly impossible using their bible. Anyway she said their's is directly translated from the KJV bible which is directly translated from the original text. Anyway I looked up some information on JW on the Bible Answer Man...I have in the past after they have showed up at my door and found some good artilces on that site. Anyway I had this bright idea of getting a KJV bible and showing it to her and showing how even in it, it shows Christ diety....(this was later after she left) so I went and got my first bible that my mom and dad had given me as a child...I thought it was a KJV bible, but when I opened it (haven't used it in many years because of the thee's thou's, ect are difficult for me to understand) I saw it was revised from the original KJV...

Then I got two other bible's from my mom's husband and one was a KJV bible and having written down many verses in the bible showing the diety of Christ, I was comparing all three translations with those verses...while the language varied, they all said the same things. :)

Anyway...yes I drone on and on...the point is I found this verse in my little old and badly worn bible my mom and dad gave me and thought I would post it on this thread as it really stuck me in reference to the moon reflecting the light of the sun ...

Hebrews One
In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets; 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3. He reflects the glory of God and bears the very stamp of his nature, upholding the universe by his word of power.

The key word here of course is reflects...reflects the glory of God as the moon reflects the light of the sun. In my dream the Son was in the moon reflecting the glory of God and I was reflected in the Son....as we all are. Its like a reflection of a reflection...I thought it was neat anyway. :)

God bless