Theophany

Archives for 2010
Poetic Seer
Gold Member

Theophany

Post by Poetic Seer »

Grace & Peace:

A picture becomes clearer when other perspectives are viewed; I'm requesting your insight concerning this:

I felt as though someone was after me so I ran to the bathroom & locked the door. In the ceiling, there was a door latchet. All of a sudden it opened and transparent hands began descending towards me. As they got closer to me the hands got bigger & it pushed a force into my belly and made my belly shake/rumble. Then I heard the word "theophany" echoing in my ear.

Then I woke up from the dream and my belly was still rumbling & I could hear the echo of that word.

Thank you for any insight.
Poetic Seer
Jodi
Gold Member

definition of "theophany"

Post by Jodi »

I looked up the word "theophany" and found that it means an appearance of God to a person.

Click here: Theophany (WebBible™ Encyclopedia) - ChristianAnswers.Net
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

In the presence of of deity.
Truth Seeker
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

yup theophany is the $10 dollar word meaning a God encounter. Also ref John 7:38

in Christ,
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

good scripture reference Bj,

Poetic Seer, have you been filled with the Holy Spirit or baptized with the Holy Ghost and Fire? or are you desiring a refreshing?
Truth Seeker
Poetic Seer
Gold Member

Post by Poetic Seer »

It's always good to have confirmation/assurance to make sure you're on the right track.

This happened to me in 2007 (during the time of my sabbatical) after a prophetess from another church shook me & said "the Lord wants me to shake you to stir up your gifts that have been dormant".

After that prophecy, it seemed as though the flood gates of hell were opened upon my life. I was already dealing w/an estrange husband, a rebellious older daughter and now my mother became extremely ill unto death/I had to withdraw from nursing school/& then I was "let go from work for no apparent reason" (having no income at all).

One day in my living room as I was praying, I felt an electrical surge/tingling sensation throughout my entire body from my head down to my feet. All of a sudden, I could not hardly stand up-it was like I was carrying weights. I knew this was the anointing of the Holy Spirit because I would get this tingling sensation in my arms & hands as they get red & hot; but now it was all over. I did not know what to do/ how to get it off of me/or make it stop. I ran to a neighbor I asked her to call her pastor (for at that time I was not a member of a church in that city) to instruct me of what I need to do. No one could help me.

That's been my dilemma. No one that I knew have ever experience the things I was experiencing (smelling things/seeing things on people walls/feeling a tangible touch when no one is there) or seeing what I was seeing or know things like I could sense sometimes. It is like I'm from a foreign country speaking a different language & no one understands (not even the pastors or preachers/or family members). All I know is I'M NOT CRAZY!!!!

The Holy Spirit has been teaching me & guiding me every step of the way. That's how I got to this forum. So I may be a bit slow in knowing the prominent people who are prophets & seers or for that matter: what is IRL? lol lol

There is so much more, that you would not believe. At times, I couldn't believe it myself.

God Bless
Poetic Seer
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

Wow, God is Great!
Usually it is in God's timing & how he brings us along.
This is truly a blessing to share!
Jesus is the Saviour
imavessel
Diamond Member

Post by imavessel »

Also is a holiday of the othodox church
Taps
Platinum Member

Post by Taps »

IRL... means In Real Life

I felt when I looked at your name that there was a kindred in you.
God bless you . You're in the company of people who have had similar experiences. Feel free to share your heart and seek understanding.

affectionately... Taps
Poetic Seer
Gold Member

Post by Poetic Seer »

Jodi & BJ: Thanks for confirming many things.

To everyone thanks for your words of encouragement & enlightenment.

IRL-In real life (duh-lol lol lol) I should have known. lol lol

Taps---you're tapping on my heart.

God Bless.
Poetic Seer