Boat Dream

Archives for 2010
chermae
Bronze Member

Boat Dream

Post by chermae »

I had this dream that I was driving this huge boat. There were people behind me but I really couldn't see who they were because all I could see was the bow of the boat. We went from port to port doing ministry type things.At one point I steered the boat under a huge bridge and when we came out on the other side there was just water as far as you could see. I had no idea where to go so I cried out to God and said" I am scared and I don't know which way to go". Immediately two rows of trees appeared and created a canal for me to follow. I also heard God say " I am going to lead you through uncharted waters".

Any ideas on this one??
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Chermae,

Beautiful dream. To me this seems like a very literal message from the Lord to you. I will approach the dream this way. Boats are often indicitive of ministry because water if often a symbol of the world, we float above the rest of the world because as Christians we are to be distinct from the world and its ways. The Bible says we are all strangers and aliens in this world. (ref 1 Peter 2:11) There are always people following in our wake for various reasons as we are paving the way for them to walk in their own ministries, or they are called to follow us and help us, or they are just waiting and watching for us to move forward so they can move forward on their own. Port to port seems to be representative of place to place or ministry activity to ministry activity. A bridge can often represent a place of transition or a place of change, but have no fear because once you pass through this time of change the Lord is waiting for you on the other side and He and He alone will be your guide. A canal is a made waterway where there was none before it, God will always make a way. The two rows of trees to me remind me of Psalm 1:

1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

4 Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.

5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.

Hope this helps.

In Christ,
chermae
Bronze Member

Post by chermae »

Thanks for your insight.