Church Sinking

Archives for 2010
Hija-Mia
Silver Member

Church Sinking

Post by Hija-Mia »

I had this short dream: I was walking in the street to go to the center of the town where all the stores are located. Then I noticed a lot of people in front of one church building. When I got there and looked the building from the frontside, I realized the church building was sinking in the back area and the front porch appears to be an open wide mouth. It was scary and the church building was like an old historical church, you know rich in architectural value. I also notices that there were three churches in that street, one near the other in a row.
Please let me interpret this dream.
God Bless you!!
Hija-Mia
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hi Hija-Mia,
In May I heard something about not being surprised about seeing sinkholes and poor foundations.

http://tehillahdreams.com/board/viewtop ... t=sinkhole
...that I might know Him...
Hija-Mia
Silver Member

Post by Hija-Mia »

Wow! I did not place this detail in the dream because I thought it was not important, but the name of the town where I was in the drera is Rio Piedras, that means in English Stone River. Also, I'm thinking abou why three churches?
God Bless you!!
Hija-Mia
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

front porch appears to be an open wide mouth
Can you tell me what happened with the open wide mouth? I think I may have something but can't determine the part about the open wide mouth.
I think this dream may be a good dream and may be a corporate message.
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
Hija-Mia
Silver Member

Post by Hija-Mia »

When I say that looks like an open wide mouth is because the front face of the church, or the porch, had long high white columns ( that looks like teeths) and the ceiling was very high.
God Bless you!!
Hija-Mia
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

I realized the church building was sinking in the back area
Please forgive my misunderstanding but when you say the church was sinking do you mean into the ground or sinking backwards?

The reason I ask is because when I read the part about the church sinking back I thought you meant like moving backwards.

The scripture that came to mind was when John the Baptist said he would have to decrease while the Lord Jesus must increase so I thought maybe your dream was saying just that.

(the church's call to tell the people to repent and make their paths straight for the Lord's return is near)-- Does that make sense to you?
long high white columns
The Columns make me think of the Roman Empire which did fall.
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
jackiebauerle
Platinum Member

Post by jackiebauerle »

Not sure if I understand your description of the dream, but here is what came to me to do as you will with it.

When you described the church sinking on the backside....it reminds me of quicksand. Quicksand....slowly comsumes it's victum with suction and it's struggles. More it struggles...the more and quicker it is comsumed.

I also thought of the the sand part...as the bible story...of building your house about the sand, verses the rock....and the rock being the Peter the rock of revelation from the father. Jesus's church will be built upon the revelation from the father of who Jesus is.

Then as I visualized the backside sinking...the front would tilt upward as it it comsumed. Interesting that would mean that the front facing pillars would appear to be on solid ground to do that. That is why it is the back that is seen to sink first.

The visual association of an open mouth is leading also.

Could there be something that is coming in the back way of the church that is comsuming them when they struggle. Pulling them off the firm foundation that they appear to protray to the on lookers. The mouth appearance makes me think that their action speaks louder then their words or tradition appreance.

Just my thoughts...May the Lord reveal his thoughts and revelation to you so that his kingdom is built on this earth.
dbliss22
Platinum Member

Post by dbliss22 »

First thing I thought was of the old traditions. As the old ways sink because they are not based in the Word or in Christ, they fall with open mouths trying to lure those who are ignorant to come inside.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Just my thoughts...
Psalms 144:1
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Hija-Mia,

I’m going to try section the dream off to help bring an interpretation; what I’m saying may not be the interpretation but could give some lead way.

I’ve sectioned the dream off in 5 sections each section represented is where you started the sentence and ended with a period.

Section 1 could represent the market place or world system

Section 2 this church could represent the church in general interacting in the worlds system or the market place

Section 3 the church as a whole could be falling into a back sliding state. The wide mouth could indicate the great number of people who are coming through the doors of the church and are being subject to the state of the church.

Section 4 there’s a lot of fear developing; old historical could mean tradition or the church placing itself back under the law when we should be operating in the liberty of Christ through faith.
Section 5 I wonder if the 3 churches in the street represent the
agreement that the church should be operating in on the church.

1 John 5:7-9 (King James Version)
7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
9If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
Truth Seeker